The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 16 of 26 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#87916 - 01/12/08 01:47 AM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Wow, Humlan, you were having yourself a MOMENT when you wrote that! I hope I feel that good again soon!
Enjoy, what a good time!
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#87917 - 01/16/08 04:20 AM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: dancer9]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I love my life because God blesses me everyday.
I love my life because I live in a country that allows wonderful web sites like BWS where we can all share our thoughts, dreams, hopes, losses and lives from all parts of the world.
I love my life because I have two wonderful sons, 3 wonderful step-children and the best husband in the world.

#87918 - 01/20/08 02:30 AM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: Dee]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
You are so right, Dee..

I love my life because I got hugged for such a long and wonderfully cozy time by my grandchildren today after having spent the afternoon with them..and you must consider that Theo is almost 11 And had a friend over.. Molly is soon 9 and also had a friend over (not that often you get hugs when they are getting to be this BIG ..at least not with an audience near by)..the youngest Liam (2yrs old) did NOT hug grandma ...but that´s ok..love him and my life anyway.

Love my life because there is such good wine to be tasted..and I found myself some this evening...

I love my life because my daughter, the mom of the grandkids, asked me to make dinner because it "usually tastes good" ..and she is one of my kids on therapy who most often sees me (and her dad) as the cause of all her adult issues.

ok. and I love my life because all of you here on this forum have become a part of it and of me

#87919 - 01/27/08 03:50 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

I love my life because I get help here when I need it..like now. I haven´t been able to ask my question..air my thoughts about my relationshp..LIVE. But I can here. That means so much right now.

I am going to get fresh sushi for dinner tonite! So..I LOVE my life!!!!

Well, I guess I just love my life..eventho it´s a bit upside down right now.

#87920 - 02/08/08 09:25 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

I love my life because as far as I know I am relatively healthy..

I love my life because I am always learning something..

I live my life because I had some very good laughs today...

I love my life because I am feeling a bit sad and weary inside..but I know why and it´s ok..that´s a new one for me..

#87921 - 02/10/08 08:00 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love my life today because other than church and taking Dad food shopping, I have nothing to do except hang out with hubby and son at home, post here, and read magazines, the paper and books.

#87922 - 02/10/08 08:40 PM Re: An awesome thread...
humlan Offline

Dotsie, your day sounds dreamy!

Love my life because I´ve come some distance on my path in certain things I have been thinking about and considering.

Love my life because my partner and I took it easy today,too and watched a 3 hour film,"The Hogfather" based on a book by Terry Prachett. Very very nice movie, filled with English humor..a sort off Christmas Story.

love my life because I have rediscovered a book that is a BIG help to me as a woman and an individual: Women who run with the Wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.

#87923 - 02/24/08 03:02 AM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Spent the evening with a very close friend..and feel so filled with so much..as I always do when we meet.

My other dear friend, who was widowed last may..called me after 3am (we´re all awake here ) and we had a "happy chat"..about life, love, religion, movies..her son came home a few minutes ago..she said she had to go spend some time with him..he´d had 10 or 12 beers..and when he´s not so sober, he´s quite talkative, as she said..so she wanted to use the opportunity to "chat" with him,too

And finally..my 18 yr old has some good friends over to play computer games and have some beer..so the atmosphere is pleasantly jolly in our kitchen,too (where the computers are)..

A nice Saturday evening..night..early morning..and I love my life right now and am very grateful for the moments..because that is what life, isn´t it..a series of moments???...

#87924 - 02/24/08 08:04 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I love my life because Hubby and I took our granddaughter on a 4 hour hike. We had the baby carriage with us, although most of the time Anaiya sat on Hubby’s shoulders. The high panorama trail allowed us to enjoy the view of the snow capped mountain ranges in the distance. Still it was so warm, that we had short sleeved shirts on!

After the hike we sat in a restaurant on a large terrace, from which we looked over a hilly golf course and beyond that the Bavarian Alps. I had chicken breasts with a coconut chilly sauce. It was so yummy. Anaiya visited almost every table around us, and was little miss diva of the day.

Today reminded me of the times when Hubby and I were young parents. We used to take our children hiking all the time. I felt nostalgic and grateful, and I know Hubby felt it too, just because we were able to repeat this experience again.

#87925 - 02/24/08 08:12 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: Edelweiss]
humlan Offline

OOOOOO the blessings of life and grandchildren!!! It´s moments like yours, Hannelore, that make it all worthwhile...all the long years and the effort!!!

Ok, it´s not ALL about struggle, ALL the time...life, I mean..it can and is good alot of the time,too.. don´t want to sound like the old crone that I actually I am

Page 16 of 26 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25 26 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved