The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 19 of 26 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#87948 - 06/30/08 07:05 AM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Humlan...we watched the game on a big screen last night, with about 40 other people, in a neighbour's garden. We BQued, wore funny fan hats, clapped with oversized plastic hands, and drank lots of beer. Anaiya danced under the stars, between the tables till 10:30...She's still sleeping this morning.

Spain was the better team, no doubt about it. I thought it was great how the Germans celebrated Spain's win as well. I think that shows true sportsmanship.

#87949 - 07/01/08 08:16 AM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What fun to know my son and all of you were watching the same soccer game!

humlan, you sound like your life is rocking right now. Can't wait to here about son's visit.

EW, your parties always sound like such fun. How about hosting one for all the BWS gals. I'd love to watch Anaiya dancing 'til dawn while all her boomer aunts shower her with love.

#87950 - 07/09/08 10:50 PM Re: An awesome thread...
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I love my life because I spent the afternoon surrounded by my loved ones..at the lake..in the sunshine. Tell me..can it get any better????

I love my life because I heeded the advice and thoughts of our forum founder here, Dotsie..and excercised patience! And this is a BIG thing for me..as I have little or no patience at all. And having done this..I made a difference today..in my life and the lives of my family.

I love my life simply because I was sad and downish..and now I am happy and uppish...that´s a lovely feeling..going from darkish to lightish!!!!

AND THANKS Girls..it was YOU who helped me make this day possible!!! By your support and your kind words of wisdom..and caring!

PS. Boy, do I sound nerdy and syrupy..but it´s all true anyway!

Edited by humlan (07/09/08 10:52 PM)

#155883 - 08/10/08 10:17 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
HA!!! Found one of my favorite old threads.. grin

This is a bit difficult today because I kinda find my life being a bit tough right now..but that´s when you need positive thoughts, right?? Ok, here goes..

I love my life because my son is in the other room, listening to great music (Creed) and reading the last Harry Potter book. He´ll be gone soon..so this is a treat smile

I love my life because I am not alone with my fears and anxiety. I have my partner, my son..and my family and my friends. GOSH!!! Put like that, I do have SO MUCH!!! WOW!!!

ok, one more..hmmm...I love my life because I have had a wonderful summer, in fact..and as far as I know..I have my health in tact.

You know, this works..really works. I am humbled by being so blessed..so now I am going to take a shower and get ready for bed. Tomorrow, it´s back to work again..and yes, I am very grateful for having a job to return to. blush

#155887 - 08/10/08 10:41 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: humlan]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Well, Humlan, you inspire me. I'm grateful that life is full of inspiring people.

I love my life because I have two delightful grandchildren who make me laugh and make me feel so alive when I'm with them.

I love my life because I'm married to a wonderful husband who supports and nurtures this wonderful life we've built together.

I love my life because God is so tender and patient with me. He fills my day with wondrous treasures and, knowing how blind I can be at times, keeps reminding me in so many delightful (and humourous) ways to "see with new eyes".

I truly am blessed. I'm so grateful for the amazing grace that greets me every morning and provides everything I need to live and love another abundant day.

And I'm especially grateful for people who inspire me to stretch my wings, expand my horizons and explore the endless possibilities of my "can be".

(Maya Angelou)

#155946 - 08/11/08 11:42 AM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I love my life because D and I are expecting his sis-boom-bah, BIL and one of his nieces today.

I love my life because I have such great girlfriends.

I love my life because I have the most wonderful man in my life.

I love my life because I have a beautiful home full of windows and love.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#156977 - 08/20/08 09:52 PM Re: I love my life because... [Re: Jane_Carroll]
savvygrandmother Offline

Loc: texas
I love my life because I'm a grandmother four times over -

I love my life because ... because I am here and experiencing every waking moment! What a blessing!

"Grandmothers are a new kind of breed. I know I am one. Baby boomers are changing the face of grandparenting for the 21st century." www.martynorman.com, http://savvygrandmothers.blogspot.com

#157037 - 08/21/08 11:36 AM Re: I love my life because... [Re: savvygrandmother]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love my life because it's another gorgeous, August Baltimore day, and the Farmer's Market is today!

I love my life because I had dinner with Dad, oldest sister, brother, his wife and hubby last night. We were celebrating the August birthdays at a local restaurant. It's rare that all of us celebrate adult birthdays. We're usually too busy celebrating the kids. Times are a changing! The youngest grandchildren are 20.

Make the most of this day!

#157067 - 08/21/08 06:51 PM Re: I love my life because... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You know, I just love my life... No particular reason for it, I just do...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#157185 - 08/22/08 06:45 PM Re: I love my life because... [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

I love my life because today saw decorators come to my home and work on painting my kitchen.
This summer I have had several projects in hand.Painting skirting boards.Having a carpet fitted and a bedroom painted(myself and daughter)
This kept is busy and as one job finished another started.So I looked in the weekly paper and found.
THE LADIES DECORATING TEAM.
They came and gave me a price...and wallah.
Today started early...we moved everything.Then two young women arrived and several hours later I have a pristine kitchen.The varnish is nearly dry so tomorrow....everything put back into place.I feel just so satisfied that this worked so well.
The Girls were charming professional and now I see how well they do a job I shall get them in again. (After a rest)
Any one else has a female decorating team do work.?
Mountain ash

Page 19 of 26 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25 26 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved