The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 18 of 26 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#87936 - 04/15/08 01:13 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

May I add I too love my life..looking out my window I am overawed with the beauty of the country side.

Now and then I have a fleeting feeling of how fast time has passed and vow to use every day to advantage.Even the days when worries and concerns come along..I learn something valuable.
Mountain ash

#87938 - 04/27/08 06:09 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: ]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I love my life because my son is still singing, "I want to break free" all over the house

I love my life because my partner looked real sexy while he was shaving this evening

And I love my life because I am too sleepy..not tired..just too good ole sleepy..to think!!! Lovely feeling..no ananlyzing, questioning or worrying (must be something I should be worrying about )..just a total blank up there!

#87939 - 04/29/08 12:37 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: humlan]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I love my life because after a year in the dark clouds of grief, I'm finally feeling a wonderful surge of joy in living. I realized that my world, while smaller these days, is full of blessings. Two beautiful grandchildren, gardens full of red tulips this week, a husband who loves me and a community of sisters who have journeyed through the toughest year of my life and helped me come out the other side with the ability to feel joy, new passion for possibilities and a renewed sense of purpose.

(Maya Angelou)

#87940 - 04/29/08 02:00 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: Eagle Heart]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Eagleheart,
You have come such a long way since I have joined this group! A post like yours makes my heart warm and tells me that "this too shall pass," and that we should take the good with the bad, you are an inspiration, thank you.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#87941 - 04/29/08 05:00 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love my life because I get to read all these examples of why other boomer women love their lives.

I love my life because the sun is shining.

I love my life because my sister and Dad stopped in to visit me today.

I love my life because hubby and son will be home soon, and sonny boy will be making dinner.

#87942 - 04/29/08 06:12 PM Re: An awesome thread...
Eagle Heart Offline

Dancer, thank you for your kind words. You would have met me only a couple of weeks after my brother died. That was such an excruciating loss for me. I knew the jagged edges of agony would eventually melt into a dull ache, but one of the most difficult aspects of the whole journey through this grief was to not succumb to bitterness and raging unforgiveness...it took me a LONG time to forgive God for allowing Gary to die, but I did.

To feel that spark of joy and renewed purpose for my own life is a welcome relief after all these long months of walking in the darkness of my rage and grief.

(Maya Angelou)

#87943 - 04/29/08 06:14 PM Re: An awesome thread...
Eagle Heart Offline

Quote:

...sonny boy will be making dinner.

That makes me jump for joy for you! Is there anything more delicious than a meal that someone else cooked?! Will he/they do the dishes too?

(Maya Angelou)

#87944 - 05/04/08 04:43 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: Eagle Heart]
humlan Offline

I love my life because I have had a lovely, wonderful..so wonderful looong week-end with my partner.

I love my life because the weather is beautiful..and I did some pottering in my "garden" on my balcony..having been inspired by you ladies here..and I woke up the wasps and the ants..and it´s just the beginning of May here in Sweden!

And I love my life because I have discovered the Law of Attraction, the law of Allowing and the law of Vibration..I am learning..trying..and it´s exciting. I kinda feel like a kid again!!! And that´s GRRRRREAT!!!!

#87945 - 06/29/08 02:25 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

I love my life because my summer holidays have started..and the weather is fine and warm (gotta be grateful for that when you live in Sweden)

I love my life because the European Football Final is on in a few minutes..and I am going to enjoy it with my partner! If Spain wins against Germany..I will love my life even more

And I love my life because we have spent the afternoon out in the sunshine with my closest friend and her partner. We talked and talked..and just enjoyed eachother´s company..and relaxed together.

And I love my life because my 18 yr old is coming home with his computer buddy from Gothenburg..and I am going to meet him for the first time. They have been playing together over the miles for about 7-8 years now.

HUUUUUGS and LOVE to you all!

PS..Spain won!!! They won the European Championships in Football/soccer I mean..it can´t get any better at the moment!

Edited by humlan (06/29/08 07:10 PM)

#87947 - 06/29/08 06:46 PM Re: An awesome thread... [Re: ]
humlan Offline

Good memories are a wonderful thing!

Page 18 of 26 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25 26 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved