The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 50 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8624 - 02/23/06 12:57 AM Re: Starting a business
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, how thoughtful to share that lengthy, thoughtful reply! You're a gem.

Chick, I posted in the NABBW forums about a book I'm reading. It's called When a Woman Discovers Her Dream: Finding God's Purpose for Your Life, by Cindi McMenamin.

It is a tremendously encouraging book. She even has some exercises to help you uncover your dream.

The amazing thing is that I totally believe everything she shares because it is exactly how I discovered my boomer women dreams.

I got it at the local CVS. I'll buy books anywhere.

I'm putting you on my prayer list of women searching for purpose at midlife. There are so many...

#8625 - 03/06/06 02:56 AM Re: Starting a business
KC Christensen-Lang Offline

Loc: Beautiful New Hampshire
Hi Chick and Wonderful Boomer Women!

As a new member, this is my very first post, but I just had to acknowledge your quest for a new business and all the sweet women who encouraged you. Here's my two cents...hopefully it'll help...

When I was wracking my brain for a new biz idea, it helped to reflect on my passions, what I had always loved doing, what brought a glow to my heart and a smile to my face. As is mentioned above, take some time for stillenss and soul-searching....and listen to your wise women's inner voice and hear what comes to you. Maybe only pieces...or clues (like to the treasure hunt that is your life!) at first...but soon you'll find a pattern.

On a practical side, I also read magazines like Inc., Entrenpeneur, Home Business, etc. to get ideas, contacts and resources and did a bunch of research on the web. I then contacted or studied with the experts in my chosen fields.

Needless to say, doing these things led me to take the huge risk (and alot of gulps) and start my own Humor/Laughter/Coaching company called Happiness Is...two years ago and it's been exciting, challenging and fun! Best part of it is, I get to empower and support awesome Baby Boomer women the world over! So go ahead...believe in yourself! Here's a quote that inspired me alot when just starting out...

"Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down!"

And if you'd like, since this is an issue many of my clients struggle with at first and I'd like to support a fellow Boomer woman member, I'd be glad to offer you a free Success Coaching session over the phone to get ya started!?

Best of luck Chick,
Warmly, KC [Smile]

#8626 - 03/06/06 04:16 AM Re: Starting a business
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
That is so nice of you KC. Why not go to the welcome page up top and introduce yourself so everyone knows you're here. Welcome.... [Big Grin]

[ March 05, 2006, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#8627 - 03/06/06 06:01 AM Re: Starting a business
Dotsie Offline
Founder

KC, love the quote. I've never heard that one. It's great to see you here.

Ladies, be sure to visit her site.

#8628 - 03/06/06 09:22 AM Re: Starting a business
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
KC,
Can you tell us who originated that quote? It's a good one.

smile

#8629 - 03/06/06 05:07 PM Re: Starting a business
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Chickadee - I sure know where you're coming from.

I have tried just about everything and just can't seem to find that "nitch"

I really did well on EBay for awhile - but I had a yarn shop full of merchandise to sell. I would have loved that to continue but my mom and I just didnt seem to see eye to eye on running the business.

I tried real estate - I still have my license but that world can be pretty hard to be a part of and like they say - timing is everything - the timing for that just isnt right.

Now I'm trying Avon (on the side of course as I have a full time job working for someone else)It could really become a great opportunity in a little while so I'm concentrating on it for the time being -- it's amazing how much they've changed since I sold it 20 years ago (PM me if you'd like to get some details on that)

I want to find something my hubby and I can do together. It's so annoying to work 40+ hours a week for someone else so they can reap the rewards. I don't mind working 60 hrs a week for our future though !!

Could you and JJ put her idea together via emails and make it work "long distance" ????

DONT GIVE UP !!!

#8630 - 03/06/06 06:25 PM Re: Starting a business
Dotsie Offline
Founder

lion, why don't you send me something for the NABBW newsletter about your Avon? Hurry, today is the deadline.

Hmmm, let's think. What could you and your hubby do?

I'm thinking pet sitting. We have many pet sitters in this area who do well.

Or, some kind of service oriented business directed at the elderly? Maybe Adopt a Son/Daughter? You could do what so many out-of-town children can't do for their parents.

#8631 - 03/07/06 06:12 AM Re: Starting a business
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lionspaaw I have something thats perfect for wife and husband together, email me for the info okay?

#8632 - 03/08/06 06:16 PM Re: Starting a business
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hello KC...I just found your post today. Wow what a generous offer. Of course I'll be happy to oblige. [Wink] Welcome to the site. God sent you, right? [Big Grin] Seems he sends us all here to find one another. At the right time and for the right reason, too.
Thank you for your generous offer. Check your box for a Private Message, K.
I have started a post about a new innovative idea. Tell me what you think. Here's the link.

http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000076;p=1
You will enjoy it here.

chick

#8633 - 03/08/06 06:36 PM Re: Starting a business
KC Christensen-Lang Offline

Loc: Beautiful New Hampshire
Hi All: Thanks for the warm welcome and the sweet input! What a neat group of women! YAY...how fun this will be getting to know you.

I'm not sure if he originated it, but I have a card with the quote written on it by Kobi Yamada. It's one that helped me and many of my clients (especially women) who were afraid to take the leap and believe in themselves. How empowering it is when they do!

Take care all and please keep in touch. Let me know how I can support YOU!

Warmly, KC [Smile]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved