The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 60 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#85660 - 08/20/06 06:20 PM Re: Knees [Re: chickadee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
A lesson to learn poor Dotsie,
Is without a knee, you're tipsy-topsy.
In church you need it to kneel,
Without it you start to keel.
Tennis and housekeeping must wait,
Dust bunnies have their own fate.
Spraining a joint,
A picnic it "oint." (cringe)
Thank God you can still type to us mates.

GET WELL SOON !

#85661 - 08/20/06 07:54 PM Re: Knees [Re: Edelweiss]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Cute poem Hannalore!
Sorry to hear of your injury Dotsie! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
How'd dinner go?

#85662 - 08/20/06 11:54 PM Re: Knees [Re: TVC15]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hannelore too cute, how about saying:

spraining a joint,
isn't making a point.

Edited by chatty lady (08/20/06 11:55 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#85663 - 08/21/06 06:47 AM Re: Knees [Re: chatty lady]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
You ladies truly never cease to impress me with your gift for poetry!

#85664 - 08/22/06 03:41 AM Re: Knees [Re: chickadee]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh Dotsie, another thing we have in common! I hope it feels better soon.

Bad knees run in my family. My mom has horrible knees and won't do the knee replacement thing, no real reason. Her sister had it done and is doing awesome - she bowls, walks, everything.

I can walk for miles, but I can't run, and I have to be careful with stairs in case my knee goes out. I'm sure I'll be a replacement candidate within 10 years or so. I feel like an old lady going down the stairs so slow.

I used to love playing racquetball, but the fast twisting and turning of the knees just killed me. I miss that competitive high speed sport. Walking gets boring!

#85665 - 08/22/06 06:24 PM Re: Knees...and everything else! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
When you age, the healing process is so much slower. I had dental surgery last week and I'm still in pain! Drugs don't help...I can't eat solid foods. It's a mess!

Edited by bamgibbs (08/22/06 06:24 PM)

#85666 - 08/22/06 08:07 PM Re: Knees...and everything else! [Re: bamgibbs]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, you should be submitting to BWS for publication!
And you're right, I do need me knees to kneel. I told my husband last night that if I had to have surgery, I wouldn't be able to kneel again. I tore my left ACL and had surgery for that several years ago.

Kathy, sounds like we have similar knee issues, but I haven't learned my lesson yet. You have!

My MRI was at 11:00 pm last night. I had a 45 minute meeting today and missed the doctor's call. When I returned the call, they said HE had to discuss my results with me. I joked with her and wanted to pay her off just to hear the results sooner, but I have to wait for him to be free...which means it must be something, or don't you think she could have told me if it was nothing?

W a i t i n g ...

#85667 - 08/23/06 03:24 AM Re: Knees...and everything else!
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Oh Dotsie, don't think it's bad! I had a chest xray to check for pulmonary fibrosis, since my dad suffered from it before he died.

I was on vacation when the results came in and the nurses wouldn't tell me anything. I had to wait until I got back to see the doctor, and it turned out I was fine.

I worried that whole time for nothing!

#85668 - 08/23/06 12:40 PM Re: Knees...and everything else! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks Kathy. Fortunately, I'm not worried. I've had ACL surgery before, so if I have to have it again, at least I know I've lived through it before and I will live through it again. I'm not really in pain. I'm walking without my brace, just VERY carefully. I can bend the knee. I can't twist ot turn without feeling soemthing mve so it isn't all that bad.

Still waiting ...

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Kathy, do you have to be tested for that occasionally?

#85669 - 08/23/06 01:00 PM Re: Knees...and everything else!
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Dotsie, no, not really. I am a participant in a medical study through Duke University regarding pulmonary fibrosis.

My dad and three of his brothers all died from complications of lung disease (not cancer), so they are trying to find out if there is a genetic link.

All of them smoked - and grew up on a tobacco farm in North Carolina, and my dad worked at a cement plant for years breathing cement dust. Those conditions probably made it worse.

I have never smoked, but was surrounded by second-hand smoke during my childhood, as well as lived in smoggy Riverside, CA for my first 17 years. Now I live in the mountains with lots of clean fresh air and try to expose myself to as little bad air as possible.

I do wonder, sometimes, if it will affect me someday. I have never had good lung capacity for endurance. But, time will tell.

Good luck on your meeting with your doctor!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved