The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 49 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#84807 - 08/09/06 10:37 PM Re: Discombobulated.... [Re: jjblue]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Guess we're all in the same boat...anyone remember where we put the darn paddles??

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#84808 - 08/09/06 11:21 PM Re: Discombobulated.... [Re: jjblue]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
OH MY WORD!!! Too, too funny!!

To think that Ricky Nelson was the inspiration for that one!!

They really call the menopause forgetfulness: Cognitive lapses...in medical terms. Sort of like when we had to put a penny on the arm of the record players! They SKIPPED way too much!!!

#84809 - 08/11/06 12:19 AM Re: Discombobulated.... [Re: jjblue]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Too true and just as funny...the talent gathered in this Forum of Boomer women blows my mind. Yes an I can still remember my mind, most of the time anyhow!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#84810 - 08/13/06 12:08 PM Re: Discombobulated.... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Blue, paddles? I thought it was a motor boat.

My memory gets worse with each passing day. Just ask my kids.

#84811 - 08/18/06 06:50 AM Re: Discombobulated....
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
Chick, that is so great! Describes me exactly. And love the word - discombobulated - haven't heard that one in ages. Another good one, my sister says our mom is "twitterpated" since her recent marriage at age 81.

#84812 - 08/18/06 10:22 AM Re: Discombobulated.... [Re: flipperjo]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I Haven't heard the word twitterpated before.I like it. I would hear my Mom say she was discombobulated on occassion, usually if she forgot something. I didn't know this was an actual word until I checked the dictionary before writing the poem. "I'm all tangled up," was another way she expressed her forgetfulness. Mom said she didn't have menopausal symptoms but I'm beginning to wonder if her discombobulated years weren't actually it.
Flipper, tell me more about your Mom. She sounds like a spirited woman.
Gone to check out twitterpated.
luv,
chick

#84813 - 08/18/06 11:52 AM Re: Discombobulated.... [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
My Mom (a Newfie, BTW) used discombobulated and twitterpated quite frequently. I tried using titterpated at school once, just because it fit the situation, but got such weird reactions that I rarely ever used it again. Discombobulated is one of my favourite words and I use it often, but I still can't bring myself to use twitterpated.

(Maya Angelou)

#84814 - 08/19/06 05:33 AM Re: Discombobulated.... [Re: Eagle Heart]
flipperjo Offline

Thanks for asking, Chick - my mom is a gem and I'm so proud of her! You may have seen my posts around Easter time about her marriage. If not, here's the short version:

Dad died 2 years ago. He had polio as a child and the late life complications simply wore him out. Along the way, he never treated himself or allowed us to treat him like a "victim" of the disease. Mom taught us kids how to watch out for him (he didn't need it very often) in a subtle way, so as not to draw attention to his handicap or make him feel less than whole. She took care of him until his growing immobility became to much for her to handle.

I have a cousin (Dad's side) whose wife was very sick for about 10 years until she died last Jan. He, too, faithfully and lovingly took care of his spouse until she died. He is just a few months younger than mom.

After a surprise proposal from him and secret courtship, mom decided to marry him and they were married on Good Friday. They have been to Canada twice on fishing trips and plan to go to Alaska this month.

Our conversasions usually include Dad and Carol in some way and there is only loving remembrance when we do speak of them. It has been a wonderful move for both of them.

I did a web page for them on "theKnot.com". You can see it at http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/view/co_newlywed.aspx?coupleid=3280979653940625

#84815 - 08/19/06 05:46 AM Re: Discombobulated.... [Re: flipperjo]
flipperjo Offline

Chick I just looked back and found the original post and those subesquent about mom on 4/06/06. Caring for our parents - a bright spot in the topic of eldercare.

#84816 - 08/19/06 10:42 AM Re: Discombobulated.... [Re: flipperjo]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
flipper, thank you for taking the time to do this. I went to the site and saw your Mom and husband. They make a very nice couple. I do remember reading about them now. Your Mom surely doesn't look like shes 81. You have some good genes girlfriend. Fishing in Canada together? Who could ask for more? I wish them both a long and happy life together.
luv,
chick

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved