The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#7883 - 03/12/06 09:57 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well I take my hat off to you for the courage you have shown up to now, you have not only yourself but your daughter and grandbaby to think of. I knew almost immediately that the man I married after a whirlwind long distance courtship was a BIG fat mistake and yet I weathered it out for nearly seven years, maybe I was just too lazy to make a move but finally I did and have never looked back except at the good years I lost, wasted on a bad marriage. I doubt either of us is a wimp but sometimes it just seems simpler to ignore things that cause pain...

#7884 - 03/13/06 02:00 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
There have been way too many lonely painful years. Sometimes the familiar, even though, not good for you is preferable to the unknown.

One thing I've learned though is that I seem to have a tendancy to select men who are a#*holes, controling and insecure. I'm trying to correct that and figure out why I seem to select that type.

[ March 14, 2006, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#7885 - 03/14/06 02:43 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
Originally posted by Number5:
Sometimes the familiar, even though, not good for you is preferable to the unknown.

I think this is one of the reasons women stay in loveless marriages.

#7886 - 03/14/06 05:13 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I think you're right, Dotsie. I look at my age, at the wear and tear stress has taken from my looks and life, I consider my financial situation and the fact that he just told me today he would kill me if I tried to take any of his money from the sale of the house.

He came by and threw my grandaughter's toys across the house the other day and yelled that she leaves them everywhere while he, for his sanity, moved to a 3br, 2ba huge house by himself to "get away from the turmoil." We're fine when he's not around but the girls and I only have until the 8th of May to find a home and neither of us has the first, last and down for a new place. I'm going to talk to the lady who bought this house and see if we can rent it indefinitely from her.

My stomach hurts all the time and my systems are like raw meat. I can't sleep at night and I have a headache and facial pain a lot.

I feel trapped. He says he has never been able to tolerate turmoil and he tries to control everything. Now his daughter is here living with my daughter and gd and I as my daughter's driver and personal assistant. My daughter is paying her but she goes to her dad and complains about Katie and yells at my GD. I'm getting ready to jump in the middle of some very big S&&%%, if you know what I mean, and start taking back some control myself. I've already taken some steps, but there are a lot more to take.

I will NOT have my husband threaten my life for needing money or wanting some of the money WE made on the sale of this house.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved