The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#7873 - 03/13/06 03:55 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Number5, if you are not seeking after these powers and perceptions, then maybe they do come from God. There are mystics who are Christians.

#7874 - 03/12/06 04:45 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Bluebird,
What is a mystic? I believe only in Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit. I wouldn't want any other source of "power" to have any access to my mind and my life. I am covered by the blood of Christ. I have a very high IQ and am frightened by it. I want to live a normal life of peace and enjoy my family.

If I could truly help other people, I would be happy to, but only if God were the source and no other entity. I'm just a tool, a vessel, and if I were used by any other entity, I would rather be dead.

#7875 - 03/12/06 05:22 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
Bluebird Offline

Well a mystic is a person who is used by the Holy Spirit, to heal or prophesy, or whatever else God chooses for them. It is wrong to seek out these "powers" for yourself, because the devil will use you to work through. But if you are not trying to make contact with the spirit world (mediums) or ask for information about the future (astrology, crystal balls, tarot cards) then these things can be from God. He may want to use you to warn people of things or to heal or whatever. You have to be careful and ask God to bind the evil one and show you if these things are from Him.
Think about it. In the Old Testament, Moses saw and spoke with God (he wasn't seeking it) and God used him to part the Red Sea, bring water from a rock, etc. Joseph didn't ask God for dreams or the interpretations, but God needed him to do this. Ezekiel and Daniel had visions that God gave them. In the New Testament, Peter, James and John saw Moses and Elijah speaking to Jesus. That wasn't from the devil. The whole book of Revelation was about visions from God to John on Patmos.
You are covered by the blood of Christ and this may be His calling for you.

#7876 - 03/12/06 05:48 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
NewLeaf Offline

I never really thought of it that way, Bluebird. I guess I've never felt worthy of anything that lofty. I've always felt like the weirdo of the family, the outcast.

I would be honored beyond belief if God could use me but I still don't think I'm worthy. Sometimes I know when someone is hurting in WalMart or someplace like that. They'll approach me with a "hello" or a remark and just start talking about themselves. I usually know what to say or sometimes just listen.

I really care deeply about people and it hurts to know some of the things they are going through. Sometimes I just hold them. Sometimes that's all they want.

#7877 - 03/12/06 05:55 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
Bluebird Offline

I believe that is one of the signs that God has chosen the person. They don't feel worthy. Remember what Moses said when God approached him?
Evil spirits usually choose the arrogant and egotistical to work through. People who like to draw attention to themselves. God chooses the humble and they usually try to fight it because they don't want the attention.They DO want God to be glorified. God chooses those souls precisely because He trusts them with the gift.

If you know of anyone who God has gifted with discerning these matters, I would tell them about the different things that you're experienced that seem supernatural.
Don't worry about being the weirdo in the family! I don't have any of these gifts and I'm still the weirdo!! We are but fools to the world - but we are not of this world, right? [Cool]

#7878 - 03/12/06 07:32 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
NewLeaf Offline

I know what you mean, Bluebird. Why do you think it is that people think you are being hurtful or hateful when you take a stand against a "thing" but not a "person"?

Its not the face on the person. Its not the beautiful, wonderful creation you are attacking or condemning or judging. It seems impossible for people to separate the person from the acts they perform.

If I met a man who was a carpenter, I wouldn't refer to him as James Carpenter, he would be a man named James who does carpentry. I can separate the deed from the man. I might love the man to pieces but hate his work. He might be a terrible carpenter and his work might be dangerous to the tenants of the building he's helping to build. Am I wrong for alerting him and the people he is building for that his works are dangerous? Am I hating James for being a lousy carpenter? Was he born a lousy carpenter? Was lousy carpentry in his genes? Could his parents tell when he was 3 that he probably would grow up to be a lousy carpenter? Maybe. But James is a good man, a great person, sweet and a good son and brother. He is still a lousy carpenter. Sorry. He can improve by going to school to learn how to be better or he can change vocations....

Could it be that people can't accept that there is a thing called sin and that we all have sinned and come short of the glory of God?

Its not being arrogant because I'm probably the biggest sinner of all. How could I condemn James for being a carpenter when his building was condemned long ago by the building association president? I feel sorry for James. He's a great guy and so is his family.

Does that make sense? I don't like pit bulls either. I think they are predisposed genetically to destroy. Some would argue that its all in the way they are raised. I don't happen to agree. I love dogs. Pit bulls are especially handsome dogs. But their owners have a responsibility to not condone their behavior and to take responsibility for their uniqueness and train them, corral them, watch them, cage them not pass legislation to place pitbulls in the same category with poodles or cocker spaniels and place all three breeds in daycares for children to play with.

Am I making any sense here at all??

#7879 - 03/12/06 08:04 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
Bluebird Offline

Yes, you are making perfect sense. You judge the action (or the sin), you don't judge the sinner.
In this country of tolerance, we are too quick to jump all over anyone who seems to be judging someone else, when you are merely stating that what they're doing may be wrong. We leave the judgment of the person up to God. Even people who sit on the bench as a judge, sentence the person accused, based on what they've done, not who they are.

#7880 - 03/12/06 08:15 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I feel you've been given a magnificent gift from God and should use it for His good and glory. Most people with your gift feel like the odd man out and it scares them, they don't want it but when they start using it to help others, it all changes.

#7881 - 03/12/06 09:03 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Number5 I am confused here isn't your husband the one who has rejected your daughter and grandbaby and leased himself a house without you being invited to live there? Above you stated your husband died suddenly two years ago. Is this man now a new husband thats causing you so much pain??

[ March 12, 2006, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#7882 - 03/12/06 09:46 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
NewLeaf Offline

Yes, Chatty. I went back out on the truck after meeting this man. I was lonely and only saw him for 36 hrs. a week. Not enough time to realize who and what he really was. He was so nice and thoughtful to me. He asked me so many times to marry him that I finally said yes.

Although he's not a BAD man, he is unable as he puts it, to deal with turmoil and he says our lives are nothing but turmoil. I explained to him that he causes much of it himself. Whatever the reason, he can't handle my life and is unsupportive of me emotionally.

It was a big mistake and now I have to deal with the pain and guilt of leaving our relationship. I know I'll be happier when I do. I'm not a wimp, but I do hate situations like this.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved