Here's an example of using male privilege: USING MALE PRIVILEGE
Communication from Todd was a series of nagging questions regarding dinner. “What’s for dinner? Is dinner ready? When are you going to get dinner ready? How am I supposed to eat this crap?” I never promised him pasta primavera. Perhaps I could toss poisonous oleander leaves into his salad.
Todd had nothing to give but bossy orders: “Give me a cigarette! Pass me the lighter! Get me a cup of coffee!” He snapped his fingers, “And hurry up, why don’t you?”
When I cooked for Todd, my recipe was runny sauce from a jar dumped over thickets of spaghetti. Once, when I was fed up with Todd calling the meals “pathetic,” I lifted the pot off the stove and threw the boiling pasta at him. My aim was way off, and spaghetti al dente clung to the cabinets. This outburst surprised us both, and he backed off. On my hands and knees, I scraped clumps of sticky, gooey pasta from the kitchen. My specialty in cleaning came in handy in the aftermath of heated arguments, when no more words were spoken to resolve an issue.
IT WENT WITHOUT SAYING THAT IT WAS THE WOMAN’S JOB TO CLEAN UP AFTER AN ARGUMENT

TODD TREATED ME LIKE A SERVANT AND ACTED LIKE THE “MASTER OF THE CASTLE.”
I grew up with these attitudes, so they in no way seemed unusual to me.