The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#69787 - 06/26/05 04:50 AM Re: Chocolate Factory
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sunshine snake is not mine...oh no, perish the thought and I wouldn't want her or any other snake BUT she is interesting to some of the residents and it calms a fear they may have had about these creatures all their lives. I don't want any pet you have to feed 'live' food to...

#69788 - 06/26/05 05:02 AM Re: Chocolate Factory
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Whew. Boy am I eve glad to hear that. I am afraid a snake might "Mistake me for live" food and Eat me or something. Hate snakes.
smile

#69789 - 06/26/05 03:13 PM Re: Chocolate Factory
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My son had a little lizard at one time. He thought it was so cute. The darn thing ate live crickets! [Eek!] Every few days we had to go to the pet store and stock up. YUK!

#69790 - 06/26/05 10:40 PM Re: Chocolate Factory
smilinize Offline

Oh my gosh my grandson (Alex) had one of those lizards. Actually several because they kept escaping or commiting suicide. Seemed like every day I was taking him to the pet store for live crickets to feed it. YUK!

My daughter, Becky, "won?" an iguana at the fair. Darned thing grew huge and was always getting out of its cage and slithering around the house with its tongue sticking out. Scared the daylights out of me a dozen times. She had to buy it some kind of live worms. The kids loved it. Alex put it under his shirt and smuggled it out to show and tell.

Becky finally found some unsuspecting victim and gave it away. AMEN!
smile

#69791 - 06/26/05 11:10 PM Re: Chocolate Factory
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I look under Chocolate Factory and find snakes and animals that commit suicide? Hello? Is it me?

Chatty, I love you dear friend, you know this...but snakes are snakes. They are all the SAME size, and they are all SCARY. Period. End of story. And yes SMILES, they give me the heebie jeebies too. (Queen doing the ewww...gag...spurt...DANCE.)

Smiles, how does an animal commit suicide? How did you know it was suicide? Did it leave a note?

What? Am I the only one that saw that and wondered?

JJ

#69792 - 06/26/05 11:14 PM Re: Chocolate Factory
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
My scorpion died last year.I called him scorp. Short for scorpio, short for scorpion.(original huh?) I forgot his real name. I rescued scorp from a lady who tried to starve him to death rather than let him loose outside. She said "he wouldn't die." Her thinking was rational in her sense. Scorp ate crickets. Hard for me because I won't even kill a fly, so I left the feeding to other half. When the choice came down to it, we had none. It was feed him or else...

Chatty, I don't mind snakes but I really couldn't handle watching that little mouse at mealtime either.

chick

[ June 26, 2005, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#69793 - 06/27/05 01:24 AM Re: Chocolate Factory
smilinize Offline

quote:
Originally posted by jawjaw:
Smiles, how does an animal commit suicide? How did you know it was suicide? Did it leave a note?JJ

I figure they committed suicide because my grandsons carry them around in their pockets. They sleep with them, and take baths with them. Pretty soon they (the critters that is) begin to look real depressed and the next thing you know, there's a funeral.

I haven't seen any notes, but I'm pretty sure those critters are having suicidal thoughts.
smile

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved