The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#65444 - 09/10/05 06:38 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Sounds great Chatty. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and get the catalog. They bring back good memories. Thanks.

Sandpiper

#65445 - 09/10/05 01:26 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
CHATTY! [Wink] How in the world do you think I am gonna lose weight with this list in front of me? I could eat the catalogue right now. [Wink]

Life is not fair.

It's a butterfinger for breakfast today now...see what you've made me do... [Roll Eyes]

chick

#65446 - 09/10/05 05:47 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
Sure..today I start fresh n' see that list!! [Smile]

I want: chocolate babies,malted milk balls,bit-o-honey & charms for lunch!!! [Smile]

This reminded me of when we would go to the Catskills every summer with my aunt & uncle & cousin. On the trip back we would stop at this general store & we were allowed 1 soda & 2 candy bars for the ride home.

I would always pick Oh Henry bars! [Smile] My cousin would get 2 candies that had itty pieces and lasted awhile!!! [Razz]

Going on vacations we would stop at the bakery before hitting the highway...and I'd always get a big chocolate chip cookie & a chocolate milk! [Smile] Yummmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! [Smile] And I was always amazed by the little cheeses w/ crackers that you had to put together!!! [Smile]

#65447 - 09/10/05 11:53 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If nothing else call and get the free catalog it'll take you way back to when you were a kid. It is truly amazing the stuff they sell and I have tried most of it and the food is all really good. I love the clam chowder. Sorry chickadee couldn't help myself....

#65448 - 09/11/05 02:06 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Chatty,
I have that catalog and love it . I have ordered from it lots of times . Deb , I still have my old green 45 record player and it still plays 45's if I could find some around here. I think I have mentioned that I still have my red hoola hoop in the storage room . I should get it out , but my husband and I are taking ballroom dancing next week for ten weeks and expect to lose ten pounds . I hope.

#65449 - 09/12/05 12:12 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Even if you don't lose any weight you will have a ball. Did you watch 'Dancing With The Stars' it was such a good show and the dancing was wonderful. It will be back again in the fall.

#65450 - 09/12/05 01:58 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Chatty,
Yes , we did watch Dancing With The Stars and can't wait to see the show back on TV this Fall. This show got my husband inspired to dance . How luck I am .

#65451 - 09/12/05 02:47 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Rose Offline

Loc: Georgia
My memory is about a doll I had as a child...She was a "Tiny Tears" doll and I loved her so! Way back in those days there were not many places to stop whenever you took a trip. My grandparents lived a four-hour drive from our house. We lived in North Georgia and they lived in South Georgia. Well, we were a family with four kids at the time...two boys and two girls with me being the oldest! We would take the road trip down south to my grandparents about four times a year. It seemed to take forever! Well, when nature called, it called...and it usually called on one of the looooooong stretches that had no stops! On this particular trip, night had fallen and I had to go! So, daddy pulled over to the side of the road and "Tiny Tears" and I got out to potty...right on the side of the road! I rushed as fast as I could with my siblings all still sound asleep in the car. Daddy was not a patient man and he had said to "hurry"! So I rushed back to the car and jumped in and settled myself back down to sleep as daddy sped back onto the highway. A few minutes later and a few miles down the road I suddenly realized that I had left "Tiny Tears" lying on the side of the road! In my hurry, I had left her there all alone! I was heart broken! I cried out to daddy and he wanted to know if she had to go potty too! I knew my doll was lost to me forever! Daddy would never turn that car around just to get my doll! As I was counting my losses, I felt the car shifting and daddy did one of his famous "donuts" right in the middle of the road! The back-end of our car fish-tailed around as we headed back in the other direction! I was so happy! But...how would we ever find the same spot we had stopped at before? And would she still be there?? As these questions were spinning around in my head, I felt the car bumping as daddy pulled over and said "here we are, baby, get out and get your doll"! I jumped out of the car and ran to the front of the car where the headlights were shining....and there she was! She was waiting for me right where I left her! Well, this was a source of laughter for my family as we got to my grandparent's house and daddy told them we would have gotten there sooner except we had to go back and get my doll! Daddy teased me about letting my doll go potty until the day he died! It has been one of my favorite memories. I never knew what happened to "Tiny Tears" but she disappeared over the course of my childhood. A few years ago I was remembering this story and I really wanted my "Tiny Tears" doll....so I got on my favorite site, EBay, and found one!! I bid on her and got her and when she arrived she looked identical to my "Tiny Tears" baby that I let go potty with me. My daddy was my hero that night and he remained a hero to me for the rest of my life! I look forward to seeing him again one day in the sweet by and by! I'm sure we'll recount our "Tiny Tears" story one more time!
Good Night, everybody! Rose

#65452 - 09/12/05 01:46 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I love that catalog. It's one of my favorites. We visited when we were in Vermont. It was like stepping back in time. Such a comfy feeling.

Rose, you held me in suspense. I am so glad your dad turned around. Phew. I wans't sure since you mentioned his impatience. What a hero! My sister had that doll. I had Chatty Cathy.

#65453 - 09/14/05 08:56 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Good to know about the Betty's Attic site. I have a "Patty Playpal" doll, got it when I was around 3 or so, she had hair at one time but I cut it off with Mom's cuticle scissors, it was like mine when I got her.She was as tall as I was and we had matching plaid dresses. She walked when you held her hand! My best doll ever, other than my Thumbelina that cranked up in her back and rolled her head somewhat, as a newborn "would" do. Mom, before she passed, made sure I have that Patty Playpal doll. She scares me every time I go into our closet, as she is laying on one of the top shelves without clothes and her arms are laying beside her. A scary sight at that. As I have adult sons and no grands, someday I will get her repaired to save for nieces or grands, God willing. Good to be here and read some of your great posts, looking forward to chatting with ladies that know "from whence I came". God knows there aren't many that understand that. I miss my Mom.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved