The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#60588 - 10/24/05 01:48 AM Re: Middle of the Night Midlife Crisis
Emerald Offline

Loc: Seattle, Wa.
Hi Kate (and everyone) ~ I'm brand new to this site, and your message was the first one I read Kate. I have gone thru at various times in my life what you are feeling. Just wanted to say that you sound wonderfuly sane and caring, and yes, when the time comes to let your children go, and it will come all too soon ~ you will pass by their rooms and sigh for all the good times and memories. Treasure your time with them ~ it changes so much when they are out in the world on their own as independent adults....

There is a book by Elizabeth Berg called Pull of the Moon, that I think you will enjoy, tho the woman is older and had no children at home when she took off to find herself. Many times in my life when I was juggling a stressful career and children at home and a shaky marriage, I simply dreamed of getting in my car and driving away to a small town somewhere and getting a waitress job in a truck stop ~ just disappearing ~ sluffing off the huge responsibilities I was shouldering and living quietly. So it was kind of the opposite of what you want ~ but I understand the feelings. Hang in there Kate....you'll know when the time to change is really right ~ it will all come together and feel right at all levels.

#60589 - 10/24/05 02:34 AM Re: Middle of the Night Midlife Crisis
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
KateRyan2012, Welcome, I wonder how many of us have wanted to do just that, disappear? I am in that situation right now but own my home, have two very dependent dogs, have people in a nursing home and the animal welfare groups near me all depending on me. My two sons are grown and one is gone (missing) while the other has his life well under control. My ex is my problem and I would love to just walk away with my laptop. Seems sometimes that life gets curiouser and curiouser as time goes on. Oh well! Instead I'll drive out to the lake today and sit under a tree, no phones, no work, just me and my thoughts, the water, blue skys and the birds. Then I'll have a nice meal and go home later today refreshed, after what I call a mental health refresher. Try that it really does help. [Big Grin] [Cool]

[ October 23, 2005, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#60590 - 10/24/05 02:40 AM Re: Middle of the Night Midlife Crisis
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I have 8 kids...I think about disappearing EVERY DAY!!! [Big Grin] The farthest I've ever gotten is the supermarket...

#60591 - 10/24/05 02:46 AM Re: Middle of the Night Midlife Crisis
chatty lady Offline
Writer

W.B. you need this more than anyone. Get a sitter, give yourself the day off. Nothing will fall apart and no one will suffer from you're getting a day all to yourself every now and then.
In fact they will profit from your repleneshed spirit. [Wink]

#60592 - 10/24/05 03:04 AM Re: Middle of the Night Midlife Crisis
Bluebird Offline

Oh I get out! I have bible study and I'm involved in some other church things. I've also found a friend to have lunch with and go shopping, etc. My husband hasn't worked in quite a while, so he's been spending more time with the kids. What I need is for them to get out once in a while and let me have the house to myself.

#60593 - 10/24/05 03:20 AM Re: Middle of the Night Midlife Crisis
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Next time theres a carnival in town go buy a couple rolls of tickets and drop them 'all' off with the rolls and let them stay all day and play..Oh and make sure hubby goes along too unless you want him at home for some serious fooling around, he, he!!!

#60594 - 10/24/05 03:51 AM Re: Middle of the Night Midlife Crisis
Bluebird Offline

Believe me, we have plenty of opportunities for some serious fooling around!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved