The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 64 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#59478 - 03/07/06 04:40 AM Re: WE are Women
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If you really want to get your knickers in a knot just come to Vegas where every waitress becomes a big fat flirt, they not only ignore you, the woman but they look right into Mr.s eyes and coe, "and how may I help you sweetie?"
They don't just flirt but insist on touching the mens shoulders or their hand. I got really ticked off on many many occasions but I got even, when the check came I'd hand her the money and when the change came and we got up to leave, I'd hand her .02 cents or a nickel and say, "looks like you wasted all that shameful flirting, I handle the money." Serves them right the cows....

[ March 06, 2006, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#59479 - 03/07/06 05:20 AM Re: WE are Women
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Chatty, you know how to handle any situation, don't you? You're one in a million!

#59480 - 03/07/06 06:52 AM Re: WE are Women
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I just hate it when some woman looking for a big tip makes advances of any kind to a man I'm with and the same for a waiter in a fancier dinner house. I just say right out to them when and if they call me honey or sweetie in front of my man (at the moment, LOL) "Better be careful, he handles the money in this family, and he carrys a gun." The ones, waiter or waitress that conduct themselves properly always get a nice big tip, never less that $5.00 to $15.00 bucks....depending on the establishment....We dont go to a restaurant for the 'help' we go for the food, right? [Eek!]

[ March 06, 2006, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#59481 - 03/07/06 11:30 AM Re: WE are Women
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
I know women in their twenties (my DIL included), who by their wisdom, compassion and humor, deserve to be called women.

I know "women" of many ages who are snotty, snippy and trite, who no more deserve that precious title than the man on the moon.

It is all relative.

#59482 - 03/07/06 06:55 PM Re: WE are Women
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Flipperjo, both my daughters are now in their early thirties, and I consider them two fine young women. Yet from my vantage point of some twenty or so years their senior, I see for myself, the evolution of being, they continue to exhibit.

A conversation with my eldest daughter sparked, in part, my original post. She had mentioned to me that she felt as though she was just beginning to get a handle on this being a woman thing. She's thirty-three. She said she honestly realizes how far she has yet to go, in her journey toward fulfilling her potential. She confided in me that she feels she has grown so much, intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally, from who she was ten years ago, to who she is today. Light years beyond her old self, is how she put it.

I told my daughters when they were in their teens, there was one comment I hoped I would never hear, when speaking to someone I hadn't seen in awhile. If after an hour or so of conversation, I ever heard, 'Why! You haven't changed a bit!’ I should then be highly disappointed in myself. My eldest daughter told me she has never forgotten my words.

Flipperjo, I believe we may have had the mutual misfortune of meeting many of the same women...the snippy, the trite and the down-right snotty, whose personal growth as human beings has been, and will continue to be, negligible. One can merely feel sympathy, for such, and a sense of gratitude, that one strives not to share their self-growth restricting traits.

http://www.intouchwithjeannine.com

#59483 - 03/08/06 01:46 AM Re: WE are Women
flipperjo Offline

I think we agree on the basics, Jeannine. I applaud you for teaching your daughters that we are all a work in progress!

#59484 - 03/09/06 03:35 AM Re: WE are Women
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Flipperjo, I'm sure we agree on the basics. [Wink]

Oh, and did I ever run into one of those snotty, snippy women, we discussed! One old enough to know better. One of those, 'there-is-no-one-else-in-the-world-but-me' types. She was venting her spleen on some poor young cashier, who, in Ms Snippy's opinion, was taking far too long at her job, and didn't the girl realize how valuable was her (Ms Snippy's) time! The cashier was very young, and you could tell, she was a newbie at the job. By the time Ms Snippy was finished with her, the girl was visibly trembling. I felt sorry for the young cashier, and embarrassed at the behavior of Ms Snippy.

http://www.intouchwithjeannine.com

#59485 - 03/09/06 08:35 AM Re: WE are Women
flipperjo Offline

Makes you want to rip that "Woman" badge right off her chest, doesn't it?

I've always thought cashiers, bank tellers, waitresses and all the other minimum wagers on the front lines should get the biggest salaries!

[ March 09, 2006, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: flipperjo ]

#59486 - 03/09/06 09:00 AM Re: WE are Women
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
No kidding! And I would have had a hard time keeping my mouth shut. Actually, I probably wouldn't have and thereby would have been expelled from the store forevermore. Reminds me of the Natzie Soup Guy on Seinfeld - 'member that?

Now there's an idea, Flipper, let's just invert those salaries and see what happens next!!!!! No more Enron!

Search (that's really funny to think about)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved