The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 49 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#54300 - 03/03/06 08:14 AM Re: www.myspace.com
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
songbird, that very thing happened to a girlfriend of mine who was selling a car online. We're talking big check, big loss!

Fortunately she had throughly read the site before posting her car. One of the warnings was that scam. What will they think of next?

Smile, in addition to drugs, I think there's a loss of morality that's invaded society. I also blame television and movies.

I am also sick about myspace. Can we trust our kids to speak only to their friends? If so, it could still work. Maybe?

#54301 - 03/03/06 02:23 AM Re: www.myspace.com
ChristinaR Offline

Loc: Kentucky
I am thankful that my son is 31. I would not want to have to worry about a teen on the Net today. It seems to attract paedophiles like bees to honey. As for paedophiles I think one conviction and they should be automatically castrated.

#54302 - 03/03/06 02:39 AM Re: www.myspace.com
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Blondi I haven't been here all that long (Feb.06 was 2 years) and have passed the 6000 mark in posts, doesn't seem like it took that long to me of course I am long winded and my screen name suits me, he, he.... [Big Grin]

[ March 02, 2006, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#54303 - 03/04/06 05:48 PM Re: www.myspace.com
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Christina, a couple times a week, I share that I am so glad my youngest is 17.

I have no desire to do middle school and high school again...and I maintain that I have good kids...but no teens are perfect.

I know I have a way to go, but I believe the majority of my work is done. they know right form wrong. They just don't always choose what is right. [Wink]

#54304 - 03/04/06 10:45 PM Re: www.myspace.com
Beverly Offline

My sons are 20 and 21. There were some rough times. Middle school is the worst and maybe the first year of high school.

I either volunteered or worked in the schools from the time they were in preschool all the way through high school. I was the parent who was always at the school trying to stay on top of things.

Sometimes it's hard. My older son in particular. He loves music and radio and all ever wanted to do was do that. Everyone in power at the school discouraged him - seems I was the only one fighting for him. Now he is going to college and guess what - he works at a radio station. He started out as an intern and now he has his own music show on Saturdays. I'm am so glad that we don't have to put up with the negativity of school anymore.

My other son is going to college in Boston and doing very well. But there were still some issues. He did better in school but as a parent you have to constantly monitor what is going on.

My husband and I did a good job. They seem to been fine young men. Granted we all screwed up every now and than. But I didn't want my kids to be robots but I wanted them to stay out of trouble and safe.

I totally agree with the fact that you need to teach them wrong from right. Also, to respect other people's opinions.

#54305 - 03/05/06 12:24 AM Re: www.myspace.com
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Perfectly said, Beverly! Being an advocate for your children and setting them on the path knowing right from wrong seems to have worked for ours, too. They are 27 and 29 and I couldn't be prouder of who they turned out to be.

Tell your son my brother worked for and ran a radio station when he was in college, then went on to law school. Now he's president of an important music company. No matter what anyone tells you there IS a future in the music industry!

#54306 - 03/05/06 05:46 AM Re: www.myspace.com
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My sons are both adults now but my grandson has visited the site...I heard on TV that there were already 2 deaths they are attributing to them using that site....sad!

[ March 04, 2006, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#54307 - 03/06/06 03:04 AM Re: www.myspace.com
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I looked at some of the things on that site. Kids do put too much information out there. That makes them easy targets for the preditors that are out there waiting. This is a scary thing. I also couldn't believe some of the pictures they put on there of themselves and some of the comments. As for the two deaths attributed to that site, I think the sad thing is that if it had not been that site, it would have been another. It wouldn't surprise me, based on what I've been hearing on the news, if they shut that site down. Unfortunately, that won't put an end to it. They'll find other sites. It's not just the Internet either. Look at that poor young girl in NY who was just murdered and the girl in Aruba and many others like the one a few years ago who disappeared from a playground.
Louisa

#54308 - 03/06/06 04:10 AM Re: www.myspace.com
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I always tell my kids, "it's not you I don't trust, it's the rest of the world."

Louisa, you're right, it's everywhere.

And I agree, some of the girls pictures are very provocative. It appears as though they are asking for trouble.

#54309 - 03/06/06 05:56 AM Re: www.myspace.com
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I think maybe being young and very inexperienced with the world they live in they think its cute...Thats where the parents have got to be intrusive into their kids lives because the kids are so dumb as to the ways of the world. My friend Sandys daughter, only 15 years young had pictures up until her dad saw them and down they came. They, me and my detective friend spent the greater part of the next few evenings telling her some horror stories and after all that she said, "yea, but that wouldn't happen to me." What kid ever thinks of their own vulnerability? None I know of, and I and my friends never did either. I believe some of us are lucky to be alive and the perversion has increased 10 fold since those days. Whats the answer? Be strict and they hate us but at least their alive.

[ March 05, 2006, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved