The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#50126 - 09/26/05 06:07 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dear Karen,

I too am so sorry to hear of your Mother's passing. I can say I have been thru this, but its never easy. You and your daughter are in my prayers and as everyone else has said, may God surround you with His loving arms and bring you peace.

JJ

#50127 - 09/26/05 04:41 PM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Dr. Karen: I am sorry for the loss of your mother and will continue praying for you and your family. May the Lord give you stength and comfort during this time. It is a blessing that your mom's trust was in the Lord. And what a blessing that you all were able to sing for her and share your trust in the Lord. You were a blessing to her and can rest assured that she appreciated all you did for her.

I was out for the weekend and arrived home last night, of course didn't have a chance to check in. So I apologize for my tardiness in answering your request.

Still praying for your family,

#50128 - 09/26/05 05:03 PM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Karen, please see your PM's. You will remain in my thougths and prayers this week. It saddens me that the nursing home can't give you another week. Gracious!

Your description of your mother's passing is so touching. What a blessing to go the way she did. I can't imagine a more loving, peaceful way than to be surrounded by loved ones singin Him praise!

My prayer is that you will lean on the love and kindness of friends and family during this difficult time.

#50129 - 09/27/05 07:45 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dear Karen,
My heart just aches with you at this time. I'm coming up to the fourth anniversary of my own Mom's death...there's still such a gaping hole in my life without her. But I use my thoughts of her to remember others who are journeying through their own grief, and so will carry you in heart and prayer throughout the coming weeks.

I love the image of her having lunch with Jesus...it's a wonderful picture to treasure in your mind and heart, because there's no doubt in mine that if that's where she wants to be, that's where she is!

#50130 - 09/27/05 12:03 PM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dr. Karen,

I, too, offer condolences on the death of your beloved mother.

#50131 - 09/27/05 04:45 PM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm so sorry to hear of your mother's passing.

#50132 - 09/27/05 05:39 PM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dr. Karen,
When ever you feel up to it, we'd love to hear from you and see how you and your daughter are doing. You have so many people here sending loving thoughts your way. Peace...

JJ

#50133 - 09/28/05 08:00 PM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Karen,

My prayers are with you. I lost my mother just before Christmas last year. It was a long, horrible bought with cancer that took her away, but she was amazing and courageous to the end. Even though I knew it was coming it still hit me hard. there were many days that I could barely function. I suggest keeping a notebook with ongoing to-do lists so that you don't loose track of something during your recooperation.

#50134 - 10/01/05 09:42 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Doctor Karen Offline

Loc: San Francisco
I AM making lists but then I forget where I put them. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. We planned a lovely memorial service with the pastor today (it will be on Sunday). A favorite cousin arrived from out of town and a best friend will arrive Sunday. My daughter, who has a beautiful voice, will carry out her promise to her Grandma and sing Amazing Grace and How Great Thou Art at the service. Mom and my StepDad, who died in July, will be placed in the same niche in the columbarium right outside our sanctuary (so I can say hello every Sunday). Well....right now I can say hello 3-4 times a week because my daughter and I are both in the big Christmas musical production and rehearse that many times. Again, your prayers help so. I did manage, by the way, to get my website functioning for pre-orders on my novel and my ad is on the home page of this site. We'll see what impact Dots visit to the Morning Show will have. I know my Mom would have been proud that I finished the dang thing!

#50135 - 10/01/05 05:27 PM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Your mom is still proud! I'm sure she's showering you with blessings for your new baby (book).

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved