The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#4640 - 09/10/05 05:11 AM Re: My poor son
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Vicki I hope she isn't going to let her cheap father give her away....He doesn't deserve the priviledge.

#4641 - 09/10/05 08:27 PM Re: My poor son
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Unfortunately, that's the one priviledge he still gets to keep. How do these men do it? How do they get away with being such bast****, and still get to be held up in the eyes of their children?

#4642 - 09/10/05 08:53 PM Re: My poor son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've often wondered that myself but I think it's important for my son to have a father figure no matter how blissfully ignorant he is. It doesn't take away from my relationship with my son.

I would be humiliated to not give anything toward my children's welfare or wedding but for some reason, it doesn't bother these guys. I'm just thankful that I'm in a position to help.

I guess it's all relative.

#4643 - 09/11/05 05:03 AM Re: My poor son
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
I remember when I got married, it was on a mountain, and I was wearing a prom dress, the zipper totally ripped open as I got out of the car, there were ants in my bouquet which was fresh picked for me by a new friend, and I saw a coyote as I got out of the car...which means look out, you're about the make the biggest mistake of your life...which it was, except for my beautiful son.

Now with regard to him getting married. He said that if he ever got married it would be a ceremony like in Braveheart...that's the Celt in him....a spiritual ceremony. He doesn't believe in tradition. Neither did I.

However, some traditional weddings can be so beautiful.

Looks like money won't be an issue with him...it never is.

Thought I'd share that.

With love
Leigha

#4644 - 09/11/05 05:39 PM Re: My poor son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Gee Leigha, do you think God was trying to give you some signs? How funny.

#4645 - 09/11/05 06:46 PM Re: My poor son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh, I forgot to mention that I FINALLY found a dress to wear to my sons wedding. Was going to wear a beautiful pantsuit but wasn't really comfy about that so my daughter and I went from store to store to store yesterday until we finally found just the right dress. Light pink and very flowing, longer in the back and has a matching shawl. Break out the self tanning lotion! My white skin doesn't look that great with pink.

#4646 - 09/12/05 07:00 AM Re: My poor son
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dianne, That sounds lovely...how will the pink go with your bruises? Or are they all healed now?

And do you have a pink thong to go with it? (Sorry, couldn't resist...Dee's story is STILL making me chuckle!)

You said the wedding's at the end of the month. Is it close to you, or will you be travelling to get there? I hope your son has a special wedding, full of love of family and friends, and wonderful memories for everyone there.

#4647 - 09/12/05 07:44 AM Re: My poor son
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I still have some bruising on my knee and can't put pressure on it. Probably should've had the doc look at it.

And YES, I do happen to have the perfect pink thong to wear. I only wear thongs and I know some of the women here think it's disgusting. [Big Grin] [Eek!]

Wedding will be in Northern Arizona, where I basically grew up. It's going to be like a family reunion because my sister and her husband are coming from France and also her grown children from TX. I'm so excited!

#4648 - 09/11/05 10:12 PM Re: My poor son
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Hi Dianne
YUP...and I missed all of them for seven years. Taught me a lesson...now I watch for signs like a hawk whenever I have to make a decision. I watch my front door, back door, side doors...anything and everything.

Talk about refining awareness...even became psychic so I wouldn't miss any signs...how's that for careful. They say to balance something you usually go from one extreme to another and then balance out somewhere in the middle.

I'm still waiting for the middle! Can never be too careful! That's where feelings are great though...learning to trust your feelings! That took a long time! Finding the balance! Oh lord, it's in the door under my feet, the one I forgot to look at. HA! Ha! Have a nice day Dianne!

With love
Leigha

#4649 - 09/12/05 04:56 AM Re: My poor son
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dianne;

PRETTY IN PINK is what you'll be...

For all the wedding guests to see...

Of you your son will be so proud...

So anxious to intoduce you to the crowd...

Imagine his feeling, imagine his pride...

A Mother as beautiful as his new bride...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved