The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#4168 - 11/28/04 07:29 PM Re: watch out chatty
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chaaatyyyyy,
Not to nag or anything, but HURRY UP. I'm getting very grumpy here. If you don't hurry, they might pick someone else. And that would be AWFUL.

You could sing your recipes. I'll write the songs. You're perfect for this. And you have to let us know so we can all be stars vicariously. The moment your video is in the mail, we're going to send a zillion emails to those foodies. We'll drive them nuts til they pick YOU!!

I am getting very nervous here. If you are not getting your sweet self filmed at this very moment I coming out there with my video camera and knock your door down. (The really bad thing about that is, I might just film you with no make up in your slob robe (you know which one it is. We all have one. It's the faded chenille with soup stains on the front and a torn zipper. It's posting haute couture.) But to avoid that you just need to dress up, smile, sing, and COOK!!

Now GET WITH IT. And for pete's sake, let us know what's going on. We're dying of curiosity here. Inquiring minds want to know. I say, "Get your goregeous self on that TV show."

Don't make me come down there!!!

smile

#4169 - 11/29/04 03:12 AM Re: watch out chatty
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Alright already, went there and read the WHOLE thing...Now for the bad news. I don't FLY, I am afraid to fly, and will not no matter what. In the aggreement part it says you not only fly once but many, many times back and forth to New York, a city I hate. I had hoped it would be in California, I could drive there. I am humbled by the thought that you all feel I could be the next Food Show Star and would love to try BUT I am smart enough to know my own limits and flying into New York is at the top of that list, it was bad enough before but since 9-11, no way...Me and my cooking stay right here in Las Vegas, feet on the ground...sorry girls. [Frown]

#4170 - 11/29/04 03:23 AM Re: watch out chatty
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Oh Darn!! I was looking forward to this one. Perhaps Smiles can find you another one closer to home with no flying.
Maggie

#4171 - 11/29/04 03:27 AM Re: watch out chatty
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
OH NO!
Chatty this has just ruined my whole day. I say you apply, then when you get the gig, you tell them about the no fly zone.
Those people on the food channel are so rich, they could let you do it on in Las Vegas on LOCATION. CSI Las Vegas!! I can see it now.

Heck, they will like you so much they'll just MORPH you to New York!!!

This is AWFUL. I'm going to the garden and eat WORMS!!
smile

#4172 - 11/30/04 04:51 AM Re: watch out chatty
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh my Lord, pleeeeease don't eat worms on my account. I'm sorry to be such a chicken poop about flying but I am a true believer in preminitions and dreams and all that kind of stuff. As a girl I had a reoccuring dream of an airplane crashing with me on board. After years it stopped only to begin again about 10 years ago. I and some friends went to a fortune teller and she told me about my 2 sons, one would be my rock and the other would leave me in pain. This woman did not know me or even if I was married, or had kids. She also told me I would have a long life but to stay away from air travel. I haven't flown since. Back in the 80's I was to be at my mom's home for a vacation and the weather held me up in Illinois in a snow storm. The night I was to be there staying in her back bedroom a light plane crashed into hers and her neighbors home, right between the two. It damaged the room I would have been in. The body of that plane crashed into the kitchen of her neighbors home beheading her neighbor who was sitting in her kitchen. Scary stuff....Lets just say that before I ever fly, those worms in your garden will...sorry!!! [Big Grin]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved