The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#40400 - 04/26/05 09:20 PM Re: Here's the Deal
Dannye Offline

Loc: Prophetstown, IL
Sherri,
Tell me the genre of your book and your address, and I'll photocopy the list of independent publishers in my SPAN and PMA Resource Books for this year and send it to you.
At least it will give you a place to start.
Dannye

#40401 - 04/26/05 10:35 PM Re: Here's the Deal
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Sherri,

Have you ever attended a writers' conference where you can sit down face to face with acquisition editors for various publishing houses, agents, and representatives for magazines and various periodicals and pitch your ideas/manuscripts?

I absolutely LOVE Glorieta and plan on attending every year. I pitched quite a few ideas in various areas, and got a lot of things accepted and had many requests for more from the publishing houses, etc.

www.classervices.com (for more information on Glorieta)

Last year they had probably 60 editors/publishing houses/agents there to help writers get published.

Two POD (Print on Demand) places I have seen good things come from recently is WinePress www.pleasantword.com and ACW Press www.acwpress.com

Hope that helps!

#40402 - 04/26/05 11:02 PM Re: Here's the Deal
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Hi, You all are wonderful, thanks for the leads, the encouragement you give and all the prayers and support. I'm still going back and forth on this. I received an e-mail outlinging just exactly what would be provided for my money. It sounds like a lot of things that would be good for me. Here's what I received:

I got the book published and a ISBN #

I got their Marketing person sending out Press releases to those I ID for them such TV, radio, etc.

I got their connection to the #1 Christian book distributors, Spring Arbor(which owns Faithworks) ANYBODY who is a successful Christian vender uses them.

It is the distributor who places your book in their data base and wal-mart etc picks it up. If the book store wants to, they can order the book into their store.
Lifeway Christian store has done this because I contacted the buyer directly and he like my book and he reviewed the PR that the distributor had on the book. they order over 1200 books and request that no less then 100 be in the warehouse at all times. they also place the book in to their June catalog for mailing to 700.000 clients. The distributor maintains sales reports that the venders are shown. the more books they sell, the more book stores want to buy.

Japan's vender orders books from who ever ?? we don't know because the customer lists belong to the dist and they aren't giving that out to no body.
(who cares, they have to buy from Tate and you get paid)

The printer and Tate keeps books on hand for the Dist. at all times.

all books have a return policy, it is the industries policy, if you don't have a policy return.......NOBODY will order the book for their stores. Yes the returns are charged back to your check.

ant time I call Tate they can add up books sold to date. I don't do that very often because I wait for my check which comes every three months. then I place that number sold into my records.

The bottom line is this IF you don't have a pub who deals with Spring Arbor you won't be place into their data base which is the largest in the Christian business. And you will be guaranteed a rough road to success.

I'll check out the resources you have given me. This is a hectic week, so bear with me. I really want to do what is best.

Sherri

#40403 - 04/26/05 11:17 PM Re: Here's the Deal
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
By the way, I did put an order in for Herman's book. It will be here by the time I come back from Cancun.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved