The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 149 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#40066 - 03/16/05 05:47 PM Re: Bragggin
eappell Offline

Loc: Kentfield, CA
Wow! That's so impressive. My book, "Lessons from the Gypsy Camp" sometimes logs in the 300,000's. A sleeper.

Congratulations!

#40067 - 03/16/05 05:55 PM Re: Bragggin
eappell Offline

Dear Sigrid,
I'm just learning this forum protocol. You may have heard from me several times by now.

Congratulations on your Amazon rating.
Elizabeth
Author, "Lessons from the Gypsy Camp"

#40068 - 03/16/05 06:53 PM Re: Bragggin
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Hey you all are lucky you get a statement. My pod publisher has never sent me a statement ever! I have no idea if anyone has gone to my website and ordered a book or CD.

#40069 - 03/16/05 09:40 PM Re: Bragggin
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Sherri check your contract - it SHOULD specify how often royalty payments are to be made. Some are monthly, some quarterly and there are even some yearly royalty payments. I know when I get my royalty checks they include an accounting statement - however it doesn't show which are Amazon, which are B&N, etc. Just total sold PERIOD.

#40070 - 03/17/05 10:08 PM Re: Bragggin
eappell Offline

Thank you for the Google Print Support clue. I've passed it on to my publisher. We'll see.

Write on!
Elizabeth

#40071 - 03/17/05 10:49 PM Re: Bragggin
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm so glad I didn't use AH.
Louisa

#40072 - 03/17/05 10:54 PM Re: Bragggin
Jersey Girl Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I'm embarrassed by my ranking. LOL [Embarrassed]

#40073 - 03/17/05 10:55 PM Re: Bragggin
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Lynn,

I called my representative yesterday and discovered that we were both right about the invoice statement. I was correct that I had sold 25 books during November and December on the AH web site. HOWEVER, 13 of those books went to libraries and what AH never told me was that they give libraries deep discounts. Consequently, they sold the book to libraries at the retail rate!

I do not remember reading that in my contract. Meanwhile, I spent zillions of hours writing letters to libraries to get them to buy my book. All along, I thought that I would be getting a 50% profit, but instead I received 15%. I really think that AH should have told me about that. But I guess they're not corrupt after all.

Nonetheless, I certainly would question your own statement. I asked my representative how I could verify the number of sales from Amazon and she said that she didn't know. Hmph!@! I hope that I don't have the same frustration dealing with Lulu. Based on the comments by people on the forum, I seriously doubt that I will have any problems with the company itself. Most of the frustration there is in getting the formatting and publishing right.

Best, Sigrid

PS Yes, I would've thought that your sales would have risen after you were featured in the AH magazine.

#40074 - 03/17/05 11:05 PM Re: Bragggin
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Hi everyone,

I want to ask advice about my new book, D'Amour Road. I have posted about it in more detail in a thread by that name. It will not be available for one another month or two but I have already established my web blog, and have been doing some advanced marketing.

The book is about a woman in Ottawa, Ontario who goes missing. It is narrated in the first person by her best friend, who launches a search team to go looking for her comrade. The book explores different themes such as female friendships, violence against women, preoccupation with aging, unrequited love and infidelity.

Of course, I have already a established a link to Boomer Women, and I have linked to a number of sites about missing women and children. But many of the sites will not link back to an individual homepage or to a commercial enterprise.

I wondered if you could suggest some general forums and sites for women that might link back to me. Are there sites for women writers or sites that offer general support to women?

I don't want to narrow my audience down to women who are interested in stories about violence against women. My book is really meant for both genders and it is a psychological drama with an element of suspense. It is also based in Ottawa, so it may have special appeal to Canadians.

Any advice about sites or directories that I could contact would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks! Sigrid

http://damourroad.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved