The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 76 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#36806 - 05/23/05 05:02 AM Re: Noodlin' for catfish
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dan says he's not heard of the lime deal, but he has seen folks (Not him of course--sure) use carbide for the bomb thing.
Bombs knock the fish unconscious and sometimes kills them so they're easy to catch, but the telephone only makes them nuts so they're harder to catch, but a lot more fun.
We're planning to visit my sister who has a boat on the Arkansas River on our way east. We would all love to telephone, but there's too many rangers nowadays and we're too impatient to fish with a pole.
Oh well, we'll just fload down the river and enjoy the serenity.
Onward.
smile

#36807 - 05/23/05 06:06 PM Re: Noodlin' for catfish
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I love to fish - just have never done it quite the way you have!
[Big Grin]

Kayleigh got her first rod & reel last year as a house warming present and is very excited about heading to the lake this year to use it.

The problem we have up here in Dallas is that anything we would catch, I couldn't even think about eating b/c of the industrial pollution - hopefully when the kids and I go back to WV this summer to visit family and friends that I can get Kayleigh out on the New River or some other good little fishing spots in southern WV.

#36808 - 05/23/05 09:35 PM Re: Noodlin' for catfish
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dallas, catch and release would be the way to go. My children and I would say, Let'em go and Let'em grow.You and Kaleigh are in for a treat.

My kids Love to fish as much as I do. It is a great outdoor exercise that keeps a family close. Most of my children's stories are about me (Mom) taking them fishing. There wasn't a Dad around to do so.

Being a child tomboy sure came in handy after my divorce. [Big Grin]

chick

#36809 - 05/24/05 12:22 AM Re: Noodlin' for catfish
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I love this thread ya'll. I like to fish, too. (Only when they're biting, though [Big Grin] )Drowning worms & wetting lines doesn't do it for me. When I lived in Florida, the Fish & Game guys would tell me about their 'telephone' adventures - the Fish & Game are the only ones allowed to do it. They count 'em & throw 'em back. I had a lot of fun working with them. My best fishin' days were on the St.Johns River, fishing for mullet. Yum, yum. When they're biting hard, it almost gets boring. You catch so many you could never eat them all. Since the St. Johns is both fresh & salt, you can catch all kinds of interesting things in it. I got to see some of the bass tournaments, too. Some of those boats cost more than my first two houses! [Eek!] I miss that place sometimes.....and Chick, you're right - being a tomboy does come in handy sometimes.

#36810 - 05/24/05 04:09 AM Re: Noodlin' for catfish
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
All this talk about fish made me hungry for some so I am baking a large catfish bought fresh this morning. It smells so good in here... [Cool]

#36811 - 05/25/05 02:25 AM Re: Noodlin' for catfish
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Yum, so far I have only had catfish once in my life and that was in a restaurant in Alabama.
Do you stuff catfish? [Confused]

chick

#36812 - 05/25/05 03:04 AM Re: Noodlin' for catfish
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Stuff em? Only in your mouth.

Here's the best way in the world to cook catfish.

You dredge them in cornmeal and fry them outdoors in in big iron wash kettles.

You make a ton of hushpuppies from cornmeal, onions, baking soda, sugar, salt and eggs and you fry the hushpuppies up then you make salad in wash tubs.
You make gallons of home made ice cream and whatever berries you can find.
You get some sawhorses and two by fours and set up some tables outside. Then you invite all your friends with musical instruments and you eat, drink moonshine, and dance outside til the sun comes up.
smile

#36813 - 05/25/05 03:21 AM Re: Noodlin' for catfish
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
OMG, Smile...you're makin' me hungry!!!

#36814 - 05/25/05 08:52 AM Re: Noodlin' for catfish
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Did you guys see in the news today, the pic of the man with the 124 lb catfish? That thing was huge! He donated it to Cabela's (did I spell that right?) the Outdoors company. He caught it in Illinois and the Cabela's is in KC, Kansas.

#36815 - 05/25/05 04:24 PM Re: Noodlin' for catfish
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You can stuff catfish if you're baking it. I am baking this one because I hae fresh lomes and lemons to and some frends gave me some freah homemade churned butter. I usually beer batter catfish however and deep fry it and eat till my pants want to split.... [Cool]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved