The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 74 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#36200 - 06/11/06 07:38 AM Re: hobby?!?!
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
There are millions of hobbies. Crossword puzzles are great. It keeps your mind sharp too. Reading?? Journaling? If you knit, which I don't but used to and may again, these days they have such beautiful yarn. Lots of people do those lovey scarfs with varigated yarn. They are so pretty, are easy to do, work up in one night I'm told, and make great gifts at the same time. Scrapbooking is great if you have a lot of photos around. With all the stuff out there now, including scrapbooks that come already for you to just cut and plop the pictures in. People watching doesn't cost anything either and it can be fun. Gardening? Don't have to start from seeds you know? If you want instant gratification, buy the plants and stick them in the ground. Water and fertilize them and watch them grow. Or, buy a few house plants and take care of them. (not for me. I don't have a green thumb, but it's an idea.) Surf the internet. Google your friends. Look up old friends. Email can be kind of a hobby. There are just endless possibilities. what kinds of things do you like to do? What interests you? Do you like working with your hands? Things that make you think? (crosswords) Try the new Sudoku puzzles.

Just a few thought.

Louisa

#36201 - 06/10/06 10:38 PM Re: hobby?!?!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Jigsaw puzzles. That's my hobby. I work them, glue them, frame them, and then donate them to children's homes or orphanges...I also have tons of them in my home. I solve the world's problems while working one. Dang it all, now you all have done it. I haven't gotten one out this year and now you've revived that old "I want to work one" feeling. (Queen pulls out old worn out cardboard table and large piece of postboard ... then drags out her latest jigsaw puzzle to work mumbling all the way)....

I've also started working crossword puzzles and THOSE SUCKERS are going to cause me to drink.... I mean for the love of Mike who knew that "junk" was a ship? Who knew?

JJ

#36202 - 06/10/06 11:07 PM Re: hobby?!?!
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
We'll all chip in and get you a crossword puzzle dictionary - my mom would be lost without hers. She also loves jigsaw puzzles. I pick up several of them for her whenever I can find them. Have you seen this website? www.bitsandpieces.com

She does the puzzle, takes a picture of it, then puts it back in the box and sends it along to my uncle, who also does puzzles. Those ones without the rectangular borders are hard - have you tried those?

Doing puzzles as a kid, my job was to find the pieces with the flat edge to get the border started, but these new ones - I wouldn't know where to start!

#36203 - 06/11/06 03:29 AM Re: hobby?!?!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

#36204 - 06/11/06 04:21 AM Re: hobby?!?!
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Wow, a poster sized Elvis -- JJ, are you a secret Elvis fan? (or not so secret!)

#36205 - 06/11/06 09:40 PM Re: hobby?!?!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

If you cut me, I would bleed sequins, that is how much of a Elvis fan I am...

I have three Elvis jigsaw puzzles hanging in my office right now, plus old calendars I've saved over the years...he kissed my Mamma, my baby sister, and my aunt Butterball at one of his concerts here in Huntsville, AL. He also called one of my sisters thanking her for a picture she sent him of his Mamma. The tag on the front of my VW says, "ELVIS." I play nothing but Elvis Christmas songs during the holidays, and on most Sundays, his gospel music.

I just wish he would stop pumping gas in Arizona and make his comeback....ya know?

Bout now Danita will be popping in...she loves him too...right Ms D? (teehee...)

JJ

#36206 - 06/11/06 11:05 PM Re: hobby?!?!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Rick and June, Mom always had a jigsaw puzzle going when we were kids. The only job I would accept was gathering the straight edge pieces. I loved putting the border together. What a hoot. Something else we have in common.

#36207 - 06/12/06 07:39 AM Re: hobby?!?!
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I've always loved jigsaw puzzles; in fact I have several unopened new ones. But this house is so tiny and so full of stuff that we cleared out of Mom's house, the cottage and my old aunt's apartment, that there's honestly no place to do a jigsaw puzzle. I've wanted to set up a special table in the basement, but with 30 boxes of my books still piled up around every nook and cranny, there's not even room for a wee jigsaw table!

As my nieces start moving out on their own, hopefully we can start to clear out some of this stuff, but until then, we're the keepers of the legacies!

But I look forward to the day when I can finally open those jigsaw puzzles!

#36208 - 06/12/06 07:46 AM Re: hobby?!?!
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
PS. I've been waiting for another Elvis sighting here...Danita, where are you? JJ, I'm all shook up; please love me tender and pass the oreos, this could be the start of something good...

#36209 - 06/13/06 02:01 AM Re: hobby?!?!
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Anyone do cryptic crosswords?? They really make the mind work!.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved