The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#33914 - 12/21/05 01:52 PM Re: Jewish, alone, and depresessed at Christmas...
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Maiden,

Where are you in Colorado? I thought perhaps you and I had chatted in the past - but I see that you are REALLY new!

Danita

#33915 - 12/21/05 02:15 PM Re: Jewish, alone, and depresessed at Christmas...
ladybug Offline

I think I speak for myself perhaps, but when I invite someone to my home for any holiday even if they aren't my family I do it because I really want them here. I feel like they are part of my celebration. I try to keep it "small" so they don't feel like they are lost in a sea of strangers which can make a person feel very awkward.

Welcome to Outdoorwomyn and Maiden_Voyager!

#33916 - 12/21/05 02:16 PM Re: Jewish, alone, and depresessed at Christmas...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Wanted to add my welcome to outdoorwym too. Jump in and join us. We love new members!

#33917 - 12/21/05 02:48 PM Re: Jewish, alone, and depresessed at Christmas...
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Maiden_Voyager and outdoorwomyn, A Warm Welcome. Make youselves at home.
chick

#33918 - 12/21/05 02:59 PM Re: Jewish, alone, and depresessed at Christmas...
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Welcome, Maiden_Voyager and outdoorwomyn.

MV, I'm also Jewish, We celebrate Hunnkah at home and Christmas with my husband's family. There have been years when I, too, wanted to smash the speakers if I heard one more piped in seasonal song.

I've also suffered from clinical depression most of my life, although now that it's being treated properly it's less of a problem.

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad right now, but this is a great place to come and be cheered up.

I you'd like to talk to me privately, I'll be happy to do so.

#33919 - 12/22/05 01:54 AM Re: Jewish, alone, and depresessed at Christmas...
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
First let me say "Welcome"!!!

I grew up in an area where you were either Catholic or Jewish. We celebrated both in school & I never gave it much more thought until I was older.

I am Catholic....and believe me....working retail for 20 plus years....the Christmas songs came earlier and earlier!!! Except for the religious ones, we've got many other versions!!! [Smile] LOL

Do they have any groups at your local synogue? ( I know I am spelling that wrong) It could be the place to start in finding other women you can connect with.

When you're feeling down, jump on here. There is always someone around to support you! [Smile]

#33920 - 12/22/05 02:24 AM Re: Jewish, alone, and depresessed at Christmas...
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello MV and Outdoor, welcome, MV, you wrote: " I'll see you all at Talbots on the 26th!" Does this mean you are close enough to Denver to be able to join us at Park Meadows? I can't believe how many CO boomers we have!

#33921 - 12/22/05 05:35 AM Re: Jewish, alone, and depresessed at Christmas...
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Welcome Maiden_Voyager and outdoorwomyn. I am Jewish with a major New Age/pagan streak (or whatever you want to call it. I hate labels.) MV, I'm sorry about your depression. I find the best way to avoid the canned music is to avoid the mall. Since I'm in retail (more or less) I work about a bazillion hours up to Christmas so I honestly don't have time for much of anything else. Christmas Day, if I don't have a migraine or back problems, I go for a day hike in local mountains.

#33922 - 12/22/05 04:00 PM Re: Jewish, alone, and depresessed at Christmas...
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Help! The dentist was playing canned Christmas music while I was trapped in his chair getting a tooth filled this morning. It's a good thing I'm in a really good mood and nothing can bother me right now.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved