The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#32817 - 05/21/04 01:03 PM Re: Feedback on Phobias, fears and anxities! (Also, a P.S.)
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I just remembered a quote about fearing death. I think Woody Allen said:
"I don't mind dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens." Works for me.
I bet Meredith has thoughts on this.

Also there's a hilarious song by Shel Silverstein sung by Bob Gibson about how you can exercise that cellulite right off of your thighs, stop smoking and toking, lower your cholesterol and never get high, but you're "still gonna' die." It's funny.

I faced death when I was diagnosed with cancer and I think I stared that sucker down!! Don't think of it much any more.
Onward.
smile

#32818 - 05/21/04 07:58 PM Re: Feedback on Phobias, fears and anxities! (Also, a P.S.)
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Smilinize,

I absolutely love your thoughts and suggestions on phobias and fears! I particularly liked what you said in humor---I believe it was, "I stared that sucker down!" What a great, positive and forceful statement!

I think you really hit it on the head with that statement--sometimes we just have to 'stare that fear, that phobia, that disease--whatever it is down! And when you stand tall with Christ, there is absolutely nothing that can't be done!

I know this from reading the Bible, that Christ doesn't want us sick; He wants us well. For He said, 'Beloved, I want above all for you to be well and in abundance.' (Those aren't the exact words but Christ doesn't want us sick, poor, fearful or lacking)

Thank you so much for those wise and wonderful words! Made my day and will help all who read it!

Toni

#32819 - 05/25/04 12:36 AM Re: Feedback on Phobias, fears and anxities! (Also, a P.S.)
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Smilinize, I said almost the same thing as you when I was going through cancer but in slightly different words.

"Mortality is a constant possibility. Every day I wake up and see Death staring back at me in the mirror. Then I say "F--- you, Death' and walk away to do something else."

#32820 - 05/25/04 01:39 PM Re: Feedback on Phobias, fears and anxities! (Also, a P.S.)
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love learning lessons from all the wise owmen in here! Thanks for sharing such personal thoughts. These forums are a blessing to me. [Wink]

#32821 - 05/25/04 01:40 PM Re: Feedback on Phobias, fears and anxities! (Also, a P.S.)
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
I love learning lessons from all the wise women in here! Thanks for sharing such personal thoughts. These forums are a blessing for me. [Wink]

#32822 - 05/25/04 02:06 PM Re: Feedback on Phobias, fears and anxities! (Also, a P.S.)
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Me too. Me too.
smile

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved