The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#29461 - 01/14/05 08:46 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Hi Sher! I was just checking out other forums and came across your posting. LOVE your story of sending out a press release and getting a tv gig. LOVE how shameless you've been! Presume the Friday that you're speaking of is tomorrow. I'm sure you won't read this beforehand--or maybe ever--but just want you to know that I'm sending lots of my famous Cinder-prilla fairy dust your way to calm your nerves and gobs and gobs of goodwill.

#29462 - 01/14/05 09:35 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Yes Smile, exactly what I was getting at earlier.

Of course, when I have found myself explaining that to some, they thought that I was into some mysticism(SP) *laugh*.

Whenever I directed, I would always gather the cast and crew before the performance and do some physical "warm-ups" in order to transfer that nervousness to energy, and then do the pep-talk.

I didn't mean to go off topic here, but Smile, you have brought me back some fond memories.

And Sher, I, and I am sure that the rest of us, are waiting to hear how it went. I am just so excited for you!

Cheers,
Cathi

#29463 - 01/14/05 09:46 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
Well Chicks, I did it. We taped this morning.

Everything happened so quickly, I seriously don't know what I said. My husband says I plugged MomAndHerMoney.com in the first sentence. [Big Grin]

What a morning. I'm glad it's all over with. When the moment actually came, I wasn't the least bit nervous. How bizarre.

As always, you guys have been wonderful. I've read all your words of encouragement and I can't thank you enough. You're truly good friends.

#29464 - 01/14/05 09:54 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hip. Hip. Hurrah for you Sher.

What a girl. You're a STAR! We're all so proud of you.

smile

#29465 - 01/14/05 09:58 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sher, congrats. Will you get to sit and watch next week when it's live? If you like what you see you can get a tape and have it put on your site so when all the other television producers browse your site they can see how relaxed you are on camera. Big things are coming your way. When is the Expo?

#29466 - 01/14/05 10:39 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Congratulations Sher!!

You go girl, we all share in your joy!

Sherri

#29467 - 01/14/05 11:25 PM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Congratulations to Sher!!!!
But we want Details! Tell me more!

#29468 - 01/15/05 12:41 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I second, third and sixteenth the motion!

DETAILS!!! DETAILS!!

#29469 - 01/15/05 12:52 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
Naturally I will be writing about this. Believe me. However at the moment I am pretty near typing impaired. I couldn't possibly go on tv for five minutes with short nails, so I super glued vampire nails on and now I have to resort to pecking rather than typing!

First of all, we were late! How unprofessional is that? Mr. Man didn't need no stinking map, so I had to call the producer and tell her I'd be there ten minutes late. She probablyalready alerted the Oprah staff that I am not tv-worthy.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the monitor and I was shocked. My clothing said conservative, but my face said hung over. I looked awful! Lord have mercy, I am not twenty any more. Who knew?

I rec'd an email from a lady that visits this board that told me she had been praying for me all morning and that's why I wasn't nervous. [Smile] That was so thoughtful. That's why I love you guys so much. You take the time to send prayers and good vibes to other Boomer chicks. You're the best.

Ya'll don't tell her it was actually the xanex smoothie I drank for breakfast. Nothing says calm like fruit, yogurt and large doses of liquid anti-anxiety drugs. [Wink]

I'm anxious to see whether I get a boost in traffic to Mom & Her Money as a result. I have had a big boost since being profiled on Idea Cafe. Ya'll should try it.

I'll run for now. Typing like this is for the birds.

#29470 - 01/15/05 05:13 AM Re: I'm going on TV, baby!
Looking Up Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Although I am new here, I share in your joy and excitement. Congratulations. Way to go!!

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved