The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 62 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#26780 - 07/21/04 05:00 PM Re: Boomer screen names
mrsmuzz Offline

Loc: Orange, Texas
My screen name comes from my days as a Cub-Scout and Boy-Scout leader. We have a rather long, Lithuanian sir name and frankly it was just too hard for the kids to handle. So my husband and I became known and Mr. and Mrs. Muzz. I also used that name when I substitute taught for a bit. It helped the kids confidence to be able to say my "funny" name.

#26781 - 07/22/04 07:54 AM Re: Boomer screen names
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
My name started as a joke. One of my dear friends is Joe Bonsall, tenor singer of the Oak Ridge Boys. Many years ago, his secret screen name on the Oaks' website was DragonofRa (long story). He used that screen name when he wanted to "burn" bad posters without being Joe. He always did it in a humorous way so no one was offended. Anyway, I decided to play a trick on him by answering as the WizardofZA. Play on names from the movie of course, but it really meant, "smart aleck from Arizona." It took him months before he finally figured out who it was, and I just kept the name for fun after that.

#26782 - 07/21/04 08:01 PM Re: Boomer screen names
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
well...well...well....small word Wiz...I know somebody who once saw Joe from 33 rows up at a concert of theirs...uh huh, I ain't lying.

Only joshin'...I do have a friend who REALLY is a good friend of the Oakridge Boys. His name is Bradley Walker. Ask them, any of um...bet they can tell ya who Bradley is...

There was a time that they use to call Bradley before they went on stage to perform.

You see, BRADLEY is special. He is a young man who's cord was wrapped around his neck at birth resulting in is little body never growing, and he had a form of MS to boot. His hands are twisted and deformed...yet he plays in a band and has a beautiful voice. He is in a bluegrass band. Oh yep...sure is. And he is confined to a wheelchair for life, of course. Lives down the street from me in this one-horse town I live in, and use to be my neighbor a kazillion years ago. I love his Mother... He's been on the Jerry Lewis Marathons (says he is a creep) and knows the Oakridge Boys very well. Bradley drives a car and can do anything. Holds a steady job too. He emails me occassionally with a joke or two...so, small world, eh?

JJ
JJ

#26783 - 07/21/04 08:43 PM Re: Boomer screen names
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
VERY small world. I know all about Bradley. I've never met him, but we've known the Oaks for over 20 years, so we've heard lots about him. I remember him singing "Elvira" with them on the telethon, as well as several appearances he did on the old Nashville Now show. I'm so glad to hear he is doing so well. Joe told me not too long ago that he still keeps in touch with Bradley regularly.

#26784 - 07/22/04 03:48 AM Re: Boomer screen names
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
Okay, so my name is not inspiring or really all that original or anything..I just like it. I used to play games online and would forget my screen names and have to come up with new ones all the time. Once I was sitting there with a box of Cheezits on my desk and (you guessed it) I used Cheezits as my screen name. Lalapaloosa was one of the screen names I do remember and it came from a book I read about a town named Lalapaloosa and I didn't even like the book, but I sure liked the name of the town. I had many names during my game playing times, but just like then, I can't remember them!! [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] I used to play Wordox. I was addicted to it really. It was when I realized I had sat and played for something like 10-12 hours that I quit playing...no will power...!!!!! I like having fun and I like my screen name because it is fun.
It sure has been fun reading why you all have the different names you have. Even if some are "only" your real names, well that is really nice as well. Easy to remember who you are without having to look you up...!

#26785 - 07/22/04 04:21 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
mrs muzz, good to see you bak. How's life treating you in your new home town?

Dpesn't it figure the Queen knows everyone! Wizard, fun to hear how your name came about.

lala, I love your name. I like it abbreviated too. Forgive me, but I've never heard of Wordox. Please tell us more.

#26786 - 07/23/04 09:35 AM Re: Boomer screen names
Dotsie Offline
Founder

My grandmother was trying to get a small child to pronounce my name, which is Sheree. What came out was, Shugaree. Throughout the years I've been told how 'sweet' I am. My ex-husband often refered to my French kisses and pastry as sugary. I dropped the 'h'and the 'y' and came up with this spelling, Sugaree. I also use SugareeByte as my instant chat name. I'm a 'techy' so I deal with gigabytes, maga and so forth so that how I came up with SugareeByte.

I would have never figured Georgia as Jaw Jaw. That's cool.

Su-ga-ree huh?!

[Wink]

#26787 - 07/23/04 04:24 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Dotsie Offline
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Sugaree:
My ex-husband often refered to my French kisses and pastry as sugary. [Wink]

French kisses [Eek!] please explain. Are you talking about sweet delicacy or are you talking about soemthing else? [Big Grin]

#26788 - 07/23/04 05:01 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I guess I'm super boring... I just used my name as my screenname. Nothing special about it. Nothing interesting. Just me. [Big Grin]

#26789 - 07/23/04 05:24 PM Re: Boomer screen names
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Just my name, plain and simple. I go to several different sites and don't want to try to keep them all straight. So it is ME!

"Perfect in all ways I may not be,
I am who I am, I'm just me."

A quote from one of my poems.

Sherri

Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 22 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved