The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2364 - 09/08/05 11:41 AM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
karenelaine1977 Offline

Loc: Mississippi
I'm so sorry to hear that. That's the problem I've had in the past--seemingly putting all the effort in a friendship and not having it reciprocated. Hopefully it will turn out okay for you. Hugs to you!

#2365 - 09/08/05 08:48 PM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
Thanks fellow Karen!! [Smile]
There is way more to my story. My friend is in the middle of a nasty divorce & has changed as a person. She got involved with a man who took her for everything she had (including her marriage) & she couldn't see what everyone else could. That the guy was a loser! She shut everyone out---& we had words. I couldn't stand watching her make these choices--and come crying to me over and over again. She is very bitter & out to get her ex, who happens to be my husband's best friend. I don't feel we have to choose one over the other--but she doesn't see it that way.
The scary part.....I have another friend who is MADLY IN LOVE AND CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT a man who is treating her like dirt too!!! One day he loves her-the next he doesn't.
I feel like I'm 19 all over again!!! I always had friends who were the polar opposite of me!! And no matter how much I tried to "gently" talk sense into them.....aghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
We'll let you know if my friend responds to my card. My husband asked me this morning why I was mailing her a birthday card!!!

#2366 - 09/18/05 08:32 PM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
jojafan Offline

Loc: Easley, SC
For the last 10 years or so I have been blessed to be a member of the 4-H Club...(The Happy, Hellacious, Hormonal Hussies!). The 4 of us are the best of friends and I don't know what I would do without them. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband, but when it comes to support I look to my girlfriends. They are always there to listen and comiserate and empathize. We will ALWAYS be there for each other. They are my Ya-Ya's!

#2367 - 09/18/05 09:32 PM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Hey, Kay,
Sometimes it takes a little time apart for friends to realize they need each other.
New men , old men, life's dramas get in the way and we all want to help our friends to avoid hurt but we can't.
Maybe her birthday card will do it- maybe it will take some time but always leave the door open to your heart and hopefully she'll walk back in

#2368 - 09/18/05 11:21 PM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
A couple of years ago I just got reconnected with my best friend from high school. She had moved out of town, not that far, but I have been single a long time and she was married. The first time we met for dinner, we talked for hours and it was as if all those years disappeared. But I don't consider her my best friend, although I love her dearly. Maybe at some point I will again. Right now I do have a few women who I trust and consider true friends.

Kay, I hope you can resolve the problems between you and you're friend. Maybe she hasn't faced up to what she did and needs some time to realize what she lost and why.

Daisygirl

#2369 - 09/19/05 06:17 AM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
DaisyGirl,
This sounds almost like my situation . I found a girlfriend I grew up with and went to her sons wedding and she came to my daughters wedding and now that her son had there frist grandchild and only one so far and she babysits only threes days a week and works part time at night . When I got a card from her she said we have lost touch ,but was too busy as she had lost touch with most of her friends. I just sat and cried and new then that my friendship did not mean that much too her .

I think we need the circle of friends for in time of need like illness like with my friend who has cancer now friends help you go get thru the chemo and the worst of times .

The help us to laugh and keep us sane . I don't know what I would do without friends . I have made some really wonderful friends here .

#2370 - 09/19/05 05:20 PM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
jojofan, I love the name of your group. Who named it?

I also saw that you like college football. My son is in college in the South. Boy do you do football BIG in the South. I've been to one game. It beats our NFL football by a longshot!

I hope you'll go to the welcome forum and tell us more!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved