The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2325 - 02/23/05 09:56 AM Re: An old hen amongst the new chicks
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Well yes I am at a different stage but I know that I must make an effort to form relationships with the parents of my little daughter's peer group - she will need extra social connections more than her (much) older brothers who have always been close and had each other for company. I've avoided mother's groups til now. My experience tells me that the school communities are quite "clicky" and unless you are in at the start you can be on the outer forever and I don't want her to miss out.

I'm telling myself all this but I don't really want to do it!!! Maybe I could just hire a stand-in??

#2326 - 02/23/05 09:14 PM Re: An old hen amongst the new chicks
MClubPrez Offline

Loc: Ohio
Does your daughter talk about one or two friends that she has chosen herself? What about meeting with one friend and mother at a time for her play dates?

I wouldn't even be able to remember all of the mother's names in the whole group. Yes, I'm pitiful. [Roll Eyes]

#2327 - 02/24/05 10:28 PM Re: An old hen amongst the new chicks
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Julie, don't you dare hire a stand-in! No one could take your place when it comes to being her mommy. Now you go and I'm sure women will gravitate towatds you.

#2328 - 02/25/05 04:01 PM Re: An old hen amongst the new chicks
Debi Offline

Loc: Kansas City Kansas
Julie I'm with Dotsie.A stand in is no way to go. One of the greatest memories is when you look back and remember when. I do that alot now. But then when my kids were in school I was all over the school, as teachers aide scout leader, den mom. I became "that mom" and before i knew it I wasnt shy , scared or nervous about meeting those I thought had more or knew more.

Bottom line, we all want whats best for our kids. and I bet once the ice melts you'll find you have more in common with those other moms then you realize. your lil one will one day look back and remember , My mom was there!

It's 4:58 a ladies I hope my response was along the same lines.... Julie, you will be great.

#2329 - 02/25/05 11:48 PM Re: An old hen amongst the new chicks
mrsmuzz Offline

Loc: Orange, Texas
Julie,

When my hubby and I were first married he sometimes teased and called me "mouse mouth." I would let people walk literally all over me and never put up a fuss. You could basically say or do anything to me and I just hung-in there. However, when I became a mom that all changed. I just put on my Lion "face" for those people and told myself I was doing it for my kids own good. Try to think of yourself as the Mother Lion taking good care of her cubs. You know you would do whatever it takes to make them happy and fulfilled. You can do it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved