The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#21101 - 04/20/06 10:58 PM Re: Night Sweats
TizLizzy Offline

Loc: Chicago
Thanks ChattyLady, It's such a bittersweet feeling in discovering these sites. Bitter, to know of all the suffering. Sweet, to witness all the caring, sharing, and support. I'm so impressed with some of you old timers with over 1,000 postings. Actually, over 50 is amazing. Does anyone know "how" the physiology of the heat/hot flash works? I mean if a lack of hormones causes this symptom, why? Why not a rash, or an itch? And why the surges? The slow, uncontrollable building of heat that reaches that cruel point. You know, of just one second away from standing up and screaming. Do we know "why" it works that way? Does the heat produce something for us? BTW, did you know that Chicago uses my heat for all the bus stations, during the winter? You should sign up to run all those light bulbs in Vegas!!! Just kidding, but just think, if we could capture all that wasted energy and heat!

#21102 - 04/20/06 11:14 PM Re: Night Sweats
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You ain't just whistling dixie Tizlizzy... [Big Grin]

#21103 - 04/21/06 06:47 PM Re: Night Sweats
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
tizlizzy, welcome! It's great to have another menopausal woman aboard. This is one place where we are more than welcome.

What is Maca?

Also, visit our home page. There is an ad for a bed fan for menopausal women. You might watn to check it out. You hook it to the bottom of your bed and it blows beneath the covers. Sounds odd, but it works.

#21104 - 04/21/06 10:53 PM Re: Night Sweats
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Also on Rick and Junes (Kathys) site they speak of a fabric worn in pajamas that actually cools the skin for menopausal women, check it out.

#21105 - 04/21/06 11:15 PM Re: Night Sweats
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Dotsie, I'll advertise next month - honest! Can't expect free advertising like chatty's giving me (above) all the time, right? Just want one of those featured spots, and they're all taken...

Thanks for the referral, Chatty!

#21106 - 04/22/06 02:45 PM Re: Night Sweats
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Rick and June, what's the easiest way to order your book? I think your idea is a great one. I'd love to read it and give you some ideas for new books. You need a series!

#21107 - 04/22/06 04:00 PM Re: Night Sweats
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Visit www.RickandJune.com and click on "shop for books". I accept Visa, MC, and Paypal.

Yes, this whole idea was based on having a series of baby boomer adventures and the joys of aging. I am working on the biz plan that will make it all happen, starting with four books. There's this one thing, called MONEY, that slows me down. Paying the illustrator and the printing of the books can be quite pricey, but I'm working on it!

If you order a book, remember, it's not a huge novel. It's a "Past Your Primer" storybook for baby boomer women - just 16 pages total. Makes for a great gift - check out the gift sets while you're there!

Dotsie, email me about the status of open space on the home page featured ads, k?

Thanks!
Kathy

#21108 - 04/22/06 10:55 PM Re: Night Sweats
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
TizLizzy, great to have someone with the same woes as me, but I don't really wish it on anyone else though!!!! Mind sharing with me your age and a few details.

Can't remember if I put at the beginning of this thread I started, but my nights sweats and flushes happened as a result of a total hysterectomy 4 months or so ago, at 51 going on 52. And I was still having a regular (well every 21 days) period and usually heavy. So totally over the period thing and it's so nice to have a bowel and bladder just floating rather than being pressed on by a heavy uterus [Smile]

But the night sweats etc started as soon as I was in recovery mode from the op and have continued ever since. The prozac doesn't work for the sweats but it sure works to make me feel very calm and relaxed. What's the stuff you are taking and for what???

[Big Grin] Tell me to butt out if you think I'm being too nosey. [Embarrassed]

Going out is a total pain when your body just gets wet and clammy, you'd like to be able to get out a cold face cloth to chill yourself down and get rid of the moisture.

Oh dear.... why do some of us have to suffer through this and others do it with ease [Mad]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved