The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#210545 - 01/20/11 08:03 PM Re: Readers-Help! [Re: greene]
maryannewrites Offline

Loc: South Carolina
These devices are not only great for travel, but eliminate the problem of collecting stacks of books that you may never again open and read. I admit that when I am purchasing a book for reference that is relative to writing, teaching memoir writing, ghost writing, or marketing, I am more inclined to buy the print book. I like to have a substantial reference library that I can easily display for my students when I am teaching workshops. For fiction, however, I think it's the greatest invention ever for avid readers! The options are now becoming so plentiful, I think it is difficult for people to decide which e-reader to purchase. Each person really has to do their own research and weigh their particular needs and budget. I only see the e-reading trend growing in the future!

#210546 - 01/20/11 09:08 PM Re: Readers-Help! [Re: maryannewrites]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I love my eReader, but another thing I found isn't so convenient on it is a language dictionary (eg, my Spanish dictionary), because I can't easily flip open to relevant sections to check a word or phrase. But as Mary Anne says, for fiction, when you're reading something cover-to-cover, it's wonderful. I've been taking mine to all the medical appts lately and it's so convenient.

(Maya Angelou)

#210592 - 01/23/11 04:58 AM Re: Readers-Help! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
I found out today that people can read Amazon's eBooks on "Windows Phone 7." I can't imagine reading a book on a phone, but there must be some demand for that option.

#210600 - 01/23/11 02:51 PM Re: Readers-Help! [Re: Sandy N.]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
There are Kindle apps for several smartphones as well as for Windows and Mac computers. I can't imagine reading a book on a phone, but I suppose if you don't want or didn't bring your ereader with you it helps to pass the time.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#210609 - 01/24/11 12:37 AM Re: Readers-Help! [Re: yonuh]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Be careful not to leave your e-reader behind! It's way different than losing a book.

Ross takes his to the Y. After being home a bit he realized he couldn't find his Kindle. He said, "Oh boy, I bet that's gone."
I said, "Nah, there are a lot of honest people at the Y."

Sure enough, it was in the safe. One of the guys who works in the gym turned it in. I love it when stuff like that happens. Ross gave him a gift card to Best Buy to thank him for being so honest.

Even though life can seem depressing after watching the local news, there are still a lot of good people in the world.

Edited by Dotsie (01/24/11 12:38 AM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved