The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 43 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#20610 - 09/30/05 02:21 PM Re: Bio-identical Hormone Discussion w/GYN
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
quote:
Originally posted by Daisygirl:
I also read about menopause when I was 45 and decided that whatever the risk, I'd take it with hormones......

If I croak before my time, so be it, I'd rather die semi-young being myself rather than live a long life being someone I don't know.

Daisygirl

I'm with you Daisygirl. Maybe when I have the chance I'll try the bioidenticals. I know going cold turkey into menopause is the journey into hell. Not for me, oh no.

Right now I'm on BCP, DHEA, and a new treatment called Livial. It all seems to be working reasonably well although it never feels as good as when my own cycle was running the show.

You all keep your eyes open in the next couple of years for the menopause treatment, Livial. It's sold and used in [b]85 countries [/b none of which unfortunately, are in North America. But it is being tested there and I'm guessing it will be available in the next couple of years.It's very successful in Europe. Along with it's menopause therapy benefits, Livial has been proven to be successful in arresting bone loss and preventing oseoparosis. I've been taking it for about a year and a half.

But to stop the misery of menopause, I'd be willing to try anything, oh yeah. Don't you just feel so frustrated and angry when you see all that stuff about how menopause doesn't need to be treated because it's 'natural' and not a disease?? Natural smatchural, that doesn't make it good. If MEN went through the kind of crash-and-burn menopuse we do, science and medicine would be scrambling for a cure. They wouldn't be pussyfooting around with this "it's a natural process" crap. They'd be finding a fix pronto.

[ September 30, 2005, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: mrs_madness ]

#20611 - 09/30/05 05:26 PM Re: Bio-identical Hormone Discussion w/GYN
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
For sure Mrs. Madness! After all they did find a solution for ED pronto and not only that but we have to suffer through those embarassing TV commercials!

#20612 - 09/30/05 08:14 PM Re: Bio-identical Hormone Discussion w/GYN
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Menopause IS a natural phase of life, but I believe the symptoms we get are from our not letting our bodies BE natural. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, but I'm saying this as a matter of fact, not as a judgment. When we use artificial means to block conception, when we end a pregnancy unnaturally, when we have babies and then don't breastfeed them...As I said, I am not judging, because I have had an abortion(I was 19), I have had a baby and then not breastfed (he was child # 5, born with a heart defect and flown to a hospital for surgery 1 hour away) and I have used contraceptives. But since then I've learned that if we use our bodies as God designed them, I think we'd all be healthier and menopause may be less traumatic.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved