The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#203930 - 05/26/10 09:08 AM Re: My mistakes... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I'm praying and deleting some venting as well. God bless!

Edited by jabber (06/01/10 09:32 AM)

#204271 - 06/04/10 04:00 PM Re: My mistakes... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Don't any of you folks ever make mistakes??? If so, I'd like to
hear about them, because I'm feeling mighty stupid right about
now!!! LOL...

#204277 - 06/04/10 04:18 PM Re: My mistakes... [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Why? What's happened to make you doubt yourself? Girl, I do things every single day that could fall under the heading, "stupid." However, stupid is also in the eyes of the doer. I personally like to redefine my moves and call them...ah...Queenisms.

#204285 - 06/04/10 08:09 PM Re: My mistakes... [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Mistakes ME?????????????????????? If the truth be told girl I have you all beat. I met a man on the phone, he came for a visit 8 months later after much writing and calling back and forth. I married that loser two days after he arrived here to visit and in he moved from Minnesota, he was a scoundral and then some. I am still paying dearly for that STUPID MISTAKE...

Oh and lets not forget the wedding cake I made last summer for a real good friend and in my haste or whatever, I used sea salt in place of sugar in the lovely pastel pink icing with roses. Still don't know how I managed that and was terribly embarassed as the guests ALL were scraping the icing off to get to the red velvet cake underneath. I was mortified and she was so ticked at me we haven't spoken since.

Just yesterday on the phone I was speaking with a friend Frank, I hadn't spoken to in months and asked him how his fat ole wife was doing on her diet, she and I always teased one another like that. Well, I didn't know he was calling to tell me she had one of those stomach staple thingys and she died four days later from an serious staph infection. Talk about dead silence!!!

Jabber honey, we all make mistakes, some more serious than others but mistakes just the same. And as far as someone not liking us, well that's just life. Hold your head up high and be grateful the soda didn't spill on and ruin the computer, and try to see the glass (and it ain't easy) as half full...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#204292 - 06/04/10 08:43 PM Re: My mistakes... [Re: chatty lady]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Mistakes? HA. I have replied all on emails that I meant to reply only to the sender; put cinnamon in red beans and rice instead of Cajun Seasoning (one reason I don't cook any more); set off the smoke alarms because I forgot I had something on the stove and went to take a nap; I married my first husband for the 2nd time after we were divorced; moved away from Arizona to live with my ex and my step-wife; - I could go on and on and on. But we all make mistakes; that's what makes us human.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#204313 - 06/05/10 12:15 PM Re: My mistakes... [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Y'all have made me feel much, much better. Yes. I have a friend
who ruined her laptop by spilling tea on it. And I like calling
miscues, Queenisms better than stupidity. I remember saying in
one of my posts, "It's hard being human." And Jawjaw thought that
was funny. When our last mainframe computer died, it took out
an entire manuscript; thank God it wasn't the one Sandpiper
currently has in-house. Manuscript number two, I was going rewrite anyways. But the whole darn thing disappeared from view. And as far as being human is concerned, I'm real good at that. There's a country song with a line, "I wish I was a Teddy Bear"; well, more than once, I've wished that. Thanks girls for making me feel better! You are so sweet!!!! Prayers and blessings 2 all of U!!!

Edited by jabber (06/05/10 04:28 PM)

#204374 - 06/06/10 06:52 PM Re: My mistakes... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Here's the thing. Guys think they never do anything wrong. You
can even catch 'em goofing up, and they won't admit it was their fault. Geese. What's up with that????

#204387 - 06/06/10 07:23 PM Re: My mistakes... [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You answered your own question THEY ARE GUYS Comes with the territory and a p-e-n-i-s. Somehow the two go together, they have one but not the other, a conscience that is...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#204433 - 06/08/10 08:58 AM Re: My mistakes... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Hooray! Methinks U R right, there Chatty!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved