The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 149 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#20293 - 03/10/05 03:51 AM Re: Bitchyness
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Ellie and everyone, I think I originated PMS. I'll never forget when I read an article in 1984 defining the symptoms of PMS, and I said: "that's me." In November of 2002 I had my first chemo-therapy and my last period. Chemo induced menopause, and with menopause the PMDD vanished! Prior, I was on the pill to combat symptoms, off the pill to combat symptoms, on progesterone creams, anti-depressants and anti-anxiety drugs. I'm curious as to what pill the doctor prescribed to lynn for rage control. Lynn, are you anxious about the hysterectomy? I'm so gald PMS is over, and so is my husband. Love and Light, Lynn

#20294 - 03/11/05 03:51 AM Re: Bitchyness
Ellie Offline

Loc: Towson
What a great site - everyone makes you feel so "normal" Whatever that is?? I have an annual GYN appt in April so I will check with her - I am on the pill so I know that does not work!!! I will keep you all posted thanks for all the posts - keep them coming it makes me feel alittle less depressed about the whole situation -

#20295 - 03/15/05 11:02 PM Re: Bitchyness
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Right now, I am on the pill. Ovcon 50 and it has helped by raging. Still cranky but much less.

Lynn329, yes I am anxious about my hysterectomy. I don't think I am worried about losing my womaness but really don't like the idea of someone cutting on me and then the hormone roller coaster possiblities after. That all brings on gret anxiety.

Otherwise, I am very happy to be ending the dreadful pain and clots. This week I passed a clot so large that I felt like I needed a transfusion. The women I work with said I was pale and they got me protein real quick to try to counter balance. Sorry if that grossed any of you out but it is really unbelieveable if you have not expereinced it.

I am not focusing on the surgery but after the surgery...the healing when I am home with my son in the warm June air. I just can't freak myself out too badly.

Thanks for asking.

Lynn

#20296 - 03/16/05 01:33 AM Re: Bitchyness
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Lynn, I'm sorry to hear the clots are so awful. That's a good attitude approaching your surgery: to focus on the recovery. The summer after chemo, when my treatments were completed, people would ask me, "What are you going to do now?" and I said, "I'm going to sit on my swing in the back yard and watch my hair grow." That time was so precious to me, mind, body and spirit: it was a time of reconnection and renewal. I am so glad you have your son to share the time with. May I ask, where do you live in PA? I'm from the Poconos. Love and Light, Lynn

#20297 - 03/16/05 01:45 AM Re: Bitchyness
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Lynn,
Your attitude will go a long way in your healing. You are a very wise woman.
smile

#20298 - 03/16/05 04:42 AM Re: Bitchyness
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The healing process will be a miracle of peace and contentment after those awful bleeding bouts. I too had that problem using hospital size pads each month and sometimes wearing two at once. I felt like I had a pillow between my legs. I looked so forward to menopause no wonder I never had a bad day during the entire process. No more periods, that was all In had to hear.

#20299 - 03/16/05 05:45 AM Re: Bitchyness
Debra Kemp Offline

Loc: Carmel, Indiana
As for me, I thank the lord for the invention of the hysterectomy! About 10 years ago I was going through the mess of fibroids, heavy periods, cramps, etc. I'd already had two children. One of each. They were in middle school and high school--why would I want to be pregnant again? I didn't feel my feminity or humanity was attached to my uterus. It was causing me discomfort. Time to yank out the plumbing as far as I was concerned. I have been happy and free ever since. No mood swings. No pads. No surprises! Can I get a witness? Or am I a loony?

#20300 - 03/16/05 07:05 AM Re: Bitchyness
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Moodiness isn't my problem (or maybe I should ask my family about that) just all the other stuff. I'm swallowing more pain killers as I type. Maybe a surgical solution is the answer?

#20301 - 03/16/05 04:23 PM Re: Bitchyness
Debra Kemp Offline

Loc: Carmel, Indiana
I'd definitely have a talk with a doctor about it. Hysterectomies have been controversial, but sometimes it is the best option for a woman. I'm not saying it should be considered as "elective" surgery, but why should women suffer when there's an easy solution?

#20302 - 03/16/05 08:58 PM Re: Bitchyness
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Debbie, I have a friend who had a similar good experience with her hysterectomy.

Julie, where is your pain?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved