The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 149 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#200258 - 02/28/10 04:51 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I love you for the invitation Chatty...I haven't been to Las Vegas since 1994...I'll bet so much has changed since then...

Of course you are always welcome to come visit me inPhiladelphia.
After we tour all of the Historic sites we can shoot down to the beach house in Avalon and just RELAX!!! (although to me relaxing always involves eating something yummy too) smile

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#200266 - 02/28/10 07:33 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Is there anyone who can really, truly relax without something yummy in their mouth? I can't...!

I keep seeing those fabulous, authentic Philly Steak and Cheese sandwiches on the Food Channel when they tour around the country featuring the best foods and where to get them.
Now that's some good eating we could do.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200282 - 03/01/10 12:34 AM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Philly's Famous Cheesesteaks... You got it Chatty!!! I promise you it's a treat you will never forget...There are 2 places in South Philly that have been at war as far back as I can remember and everyone who really wants to experience Philadelphia goes there...you try a sandwich from each place and then you decide which team you want to join...Pat's or Geno's...when I was in college we would go there every Wednesday night and stand in line for our steaks...the people in line for Pat's would be hurling silly insults at the line for Geno's and vice versa..my roommate even stopped dating a guy because he preferred Geno's Steaks and she was a confirmed Pat's girl...it was crazy...the really crazy part is it's exactly the same 30 years later...now my kids are in those same lines...and those delicious , dripping with flavor and calories sandwiches still taste exactly the same...MMMMMMMMMMM..yum!!!I can't wait to see which team you join

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#200293 - 03/01/10 10:22 AM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Blondi, we lived in Philly while Ross was in Optometry School. Do you know where the PA COllege of Optometry is? We lived right there on campus. I can't beleive it becasue I'm such a nut about food, but we never had a Philly Cheesesteak from those places. Now I must return.

Chatty, do you see the Ace of Cakes from Baltimore on that show? My niece and nephew had one of his cakes at his wedding. They love steamed crabs. As you know, it's a big Baltimore tradition. They had an outdoor wedding, catered, under this huge white tent. It was wonderful, a total blast, and they had steamed crabs, plus all kinds of other foods too. It was definitely a one of a kind wedding. Anyway, their cake was the bushel of crabs that perhaps you've seen on that show.

#200301 - 03/01/10 01:49 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: Dotsie]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Dotsie, I can't believe you lived here and never ate a Cheeseteak!! We are going to have to do something about that Girlfriend!!! smile I want to treat you and Chatty to a meal you will never forget...and anyone else who wants to come along..:)

I'm addicted to steamed crabs...it was my Mom and my favorite way to treat ourselves...where other people might choose a 5 star restaurant as a way to celebrate a special event we always chose to go out for crabs...now my kids are addicted as well...we have a few good spots here who serve them all year round because they fly them in from Louisianna, but in the summer we have been known to head down to Baltimore for crabs...last summer we tried Obryckis in Baltimore for my birthday...have you ever been there?

The best thing about eating steamed crabs is that you work so hard to get to the yummy crabmeat that eating them is a negative caloric experience!!! smile

#200327 - 03/01/10 09:11 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I never miss Chef Duff on ACE OF CAKES!!! I love Mary Alice and Jeff the best. I did see a crab cake wedding, in fact two of them. I never miss Duffs show, he has also been on IRON CHEF but he lost. He is also on THE BEST THING I EVER ATE... He really gets around and his cakes are the finest I've ever seen. He recently made one for the Oprah show, a huge slice of Cherry Pie with ice cream and a giant fork...

Nancy, I have seen both places for Chilly Steak and cheese on TV and both owners were featured as they spoke of the friendly war over their sandwiches. It is odd to see two famous restaurants right across the street from one another and have both be so popular...

#200346 - 03/02/10 10:44 AM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'd really love to go down there one day and see if I could get in to watch them do their thing.

The cake they had looked like the bushel of crabs.

Nancy, the next time Ross and I come to Philly for a conference, I'm going to let you know. I'd love to meet you.

#200347 - 03/02/10 10:47 AM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Blondi, my mom loved steamed crabs too.

And YES, my dad was friends with the original Mr Obrycki, and my brother knows the younger generation that owns the business now. What a small world. Yes, we've been there. I recall going there for Dad's birthday celebration. My sister and her husband go there quite a bit. I don't. I'm not a big crab eater. At home and parties, when everyone is eating crabs, I'm the "crab bitch" who gets more crabs, cold beers, sodas, paper towels, corn on the cob, etc. because my hands are the only clean ones at the party. I need to do something about that.

#200353 - 03/02/10 12:07 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: Dotsie]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Hahaha...Love the "crab bitch" title that you have given yourself...my crab bitch is my husband...he goes out and buys the crabs in summer...drives down to a little place by the Maryland border and buys a bushel..brings them home and cooks them in a huge pot out on the grill and serves them to us piping hot and never eats them himself...I'm really lucky.

#200366 - 03/02/10 08:24 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Now, now Dotsie, no swearing is allowed...LOL! Now here's the pot, calling the kettle black!!!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved