The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#199569 - 02/13/10 03:10 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Dotsie what a pleasant surprise to see you posted photos!! ( If anyone wants to see them larger just click once on the photo and open in a new window. )

Have you ever had so much snow before? It’s amazing! Oh and your house looks beautiful. How practical is that, that your church is right across the street from you.

I also sunk into your beach picture. Beautiful! Just like you are!

#199571 - 02/13/10 04:03 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Di, I recall using the plastic bags too. We used them to keep our feet dry.

Blondi, I am also a spring summer person, but I love the snow. If it's going to be cold, we might as well have snow.

Dee, Holy Cow is right. We've never had this much snow - ever. Things are getting better. In town, they're now plowing out the last lanes on the roads. In the city, they're dumping snow in the harbor because the piles were too high.

Drifting was a problem, especially in the country. Some people had too much snow for the plows so they are just being plowed/dug out today. We parked our four wheel drive near the end of the driveway so we were able to get out every day, and we did, especially to see my FIL at the hop rehab place. I'll fill you in on that in the Caring for Our Parents forum.

Lola, our church was cancelled last week which rarely happens. They've been over there shoveling, plowing and putting down salt so everything will be cleared for tomorrow. ayou believe Ash Wednesday is here?

Ew, watch out, I'm becoming proficient at posting photos. Look for more soon.

#199584 - 02/13/10 04:39 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Ash Wednesday is on 17th February, Dotsie. One of those occasions when there is an early start to the Lenten season. And, you still have snow over there. More of a setting for the Advent season than towards Lent. smile

#199751 - 02/16/10 07:15 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: Lola]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
That is serious snow, Dotsie. But I agree if it's cold, might as well as be white pure snow.

Which is why I dislike our rainy winters. Right now it's sunny spring-like. Some cherry trees are blooming....or maybe it's dogwood...yup during the Winter Olympics. On the low lands, not in the mountains. Of course, I haven't been up there for awhile.

#199753 - 02/16/10 08:37 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: orchid]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Dotsie you are doing such a great job posting photos...I still can't figure it out...I'm having "Techie Block" I think..:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#200170 - 02/26/10 08:14 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I can't believe that the East and Midwest is suffering through a yet another violent snowstorm, no electricity or heat in many areas. That is so sad. If any of you hear me complain about the heat here this summer you may slap my face!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200181 - 02/26/10 09:02 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

yep..another week of snow and blustery winds in the Philadelphia area...this is the worst winter in the history of my town..over 50 inches of snow and counting..and it looks as if there is another one on the way by the middle of next week...BRRRRR!

Chatty Dear, no one wants to slap your face...but if we get another winter like this one I may be camping out on your doorstep this time next year...:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#200195 - 02/27/10 12:32 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Blondi, did you get this last blizzard? It missed us. We had a bit of snow and incredibly high winds Thrusday night and early yesterday. This snow made everything look pretty again. Not much, but what we got, covered all the dirty snow!

#200215 - 02/27/10 06:14 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: Dotsie]
AvalonBlondi Offline

We got another 10 inches along with the high winds you are speaking about Dots. Today was warmer and sunny and lots of melting happening...but still piles of snow everywhere...hope the weathermen are wrong about more snow coming this way later in the week..I'm craving a little Spring Fever !

#200221 - 02/27/10 08:13 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have two extra bedrooms and one extra bathroom for you Blondie if you or anyone else decides to pop up next summer. That would be such a blast!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved