The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#19726 - 03/14/06 04:43 PM Re: Goji Juice
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Flossie, they are packed full of wonderful, juicy seeds. You can find them in the market usually starting in September and through January.

Most people I've met that aren't from the southwest, don't know about them. I even had to show one man how to eat them! When I check out at the grocery store, a lot of the clerks don't know what they are.

Kings have been known to have them in their tombs so they've been around for a long time.

While they are in season, my fingernails remain stained from opening them.

#19727 - 03/14/06 07:04 PM Re: Goji Juice
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
Oh heavens, you get Martha in New Zealand too? How funny!

Yes Dotsie we do, a week behind, plus Ellen, and David Letterman (two days behind!)

Dr Phil and Oprah as well, usually a season behind. Off original topic here but they are some of my favourite shows. Notice the 'U' in favourite another different thing we do down under!!

I'll let you all know when I find a pommie in the supermarket.

#19728 - 03/14/06 09:09 PM Re: Goji Juice
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I've noticed that when I drink a lot of diet soda at work, I can't think. Its almost as if a huge stationery cloud centers in my mind and lingers there for hours.

I've been drinking low carb Monster drinks for energy then and they do seem to help, but then my heart flutters.

Coffee doesn't keep me as alert as the Monster drinks.

Water doesn't do it either and juice is loaded with carbs....any suggestions??

#19729 - 03/15/06 03:19 AM Re: Goji Juice
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
LOVE the POM juice but don't care for fighting to eat the fruit. It's funny what we think is expensive. POM juice is $2.43 at Wally World, that's less than the price of a beer at a bar and far less than fast food.

I drink a lot of POM & tangerine juice, milk, water and home made gatorade. Two cups of coffee in the a.m. and sometimes a beer or couple of glasses of wine in the p.m. I keep water in the car and drink 2 to 4 bottles every time I'm in the car.

Funny...I like guacamole but not avocados.

#19730 - 03/16/06 12:04 AM Re: Goji Juice
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Number5 I think Monster juices are loaded with caffeine and or sigar thats probably why the fluttering, not good!!! Maybe you could try sugar free kool-aid, it comes in many flavors or Crystal Light. You really have to watch the sugar content and caffeine in most of the so called health drinks....I like water with fresh lemon squeezed into the bottle especially in summer time.

#19731 - 03/20/06 03:40 AM Re: Goji Juice
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
First -- disclaimer -- I enroll customers in a wellness company called Melaleuca which has environmentally-friendly cleaning products, Nicole Miller make-up, vitamins and other things.

The thing with the juices is that they do help vitamins get to your bloodstream faster. Your cells like sugar. By combining the vitamin with fructose (the sugar in fruit), the juice gives you energy. However, the mark-up on the juice from manufacturer to purchaser is extremely high.

We do the same trick with vitamins, combining the fructose and vitamin in a vitamin pill.

Yes, fresh fruit is best, pure fruit juice is next best to get the great things you need from juice. And if you aren't buying organic fruit, wash, wash, wash! Pomegranites are fun!

Bottled water is, unfortunately, becoming a problem. There are too many plastic bottles being created and thrown in the environment. There's the gas used to truck the water. I've switched to a hard plastic bottle that I fill with filtered tap water.

If anyone wants to learn more about Melaleuca (no sales pressure -- just information LOL!), send me a private email.

#19732 - 07/25/06 11:16 PM Re: Goji Juice [Re: Casey]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
Goji berries are good for you. Dole has partnered with a company [forget their name, saw them at the trade show] and they are selling them together.

I got some from my sea buckthorn oil supplier and she said the Chinese soak them and make a sort of gruel out of them, [mush], or soak them in water and drink the water and eat the berries. They are pretty dry, and not as squishy as raisens.

I have some soaking as a rumtopf in a cookie jar, with capt morgan spiced rum, along with craisens and raisens. Lemme tell ya. eat two and your buzzin....lol and now the booze is like a syrup. and VERY good for me.

Juice yourself. Get a good juicer and juice carrots and celery in the summer. Celery has sodium and will help regulate your body temp so you don't get so hot so quickly in the summer. Might help with hot flashes. I'm going to juice tomorrow and will let you know.

Big thing on juice is you have to drink it within 10 minutes optimum, 30 ok, to get full benefits.

Janine
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved