The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#196205 - 12/19/09 10:51 AM Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Dotsie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am a happy holidays type of person. Chances are I will only see, or greet one person, one time over this season filled with celebrations. I like that happy holidays includes any and all holiday of the season.

As far as replying to anything - whatever anyone says to me is what I return. To me, it's just a reminder of everything we all have in common, rather that differences.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#196230 - 12/19/09 02:58 PM Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: ]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I agree, Anne! We send Christmas cards to our Muslim friends and they love being included...they put the cards up on a special table or even on the wall to show all their friends. We bring them gifts on their special days and they give us a little gift for our Christmas.

We live in a multi-cultural condo development, not everyone celebrates Christmas, but we constantly hear "thank you's" and happy comments from everyone here about how the Christmas lights brighten up the neighbourhood.

My former boss was Jewish but LOVED Christmas...while he couldn't celebrate the religious aspect, he respected those who did, and enjoyed everything about the season...even decorated his house with lights and had a Christmas tree. That never bothered me...the more the merrier I say!

(Maya Angelou)

#196240 - 12/19/09 04:08 PM Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Eagle Heart]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I agree with Anne.

Let's enjoy the holidays and exercise happy judgement for each social encounter of whatever greeting we choose to use.

Alot of non-Christians just like the reason of holiday for getting together with friends and family. Isn't that good enough, the people who mean the most to us in our lives? Honour and celebrate that bond and with community.

#196320 - 12/21/09 02:37 PM Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: ]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I'm Jewish and I celebrate Channukah, but I love Christmas lights, especially the tiny white lights. What you don't know is that I am an excellent Christmas tree decorator and was asked to decorate a friends tree in LA every year.

The stores in Beverly Hills have those tiny white lights up all year round and they're beautiful.

Today I saw a beautiful decoration in my library. A real, green tree with some tiny white lights on a white cloth with fake presents and 2 reindeer made out of wire and white lights. The reindeer's necks were moving and I just stood there and enjoyed it.

While I was checking out some movies I mentioned it to my friend at the desk. She told me that a friend of hers has those same reindeer and they put them together so they looked like one was mounting the other. How's that for the Christmas spirit?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#196345 - 12/21/09 09:29 PM Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Saundra]
orchid Offline

Saundra, occasionally other years, we made latkes (out of zuchinni, less heavy) and of course, I didn't connect it to Jewish food.

We enjoyed them immensely.

We do have a powerful human inate need for light in the darkness of the night --worldwide. It's almost as if we would die, if human beings never saw any light whatsover for so long.

#196355 - 12/22/09 11:45 AM Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: orchid]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Orchid, I read and enjoyed your article/blog. I left a footprint.

G

#196379 - 12/22/09 03:58 PM Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Lola]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Considering I'm not feeling festive this year, I have been telling folks Merry Christmas - even when I don't feel like it. Half the time, they appear to be dumbfounded or that which I said was ridiculous.

Last night the UPS man rang the bell with a package delivery for signature, I held my dog's collar in one hand and unlocked the front door with the other. My dog wanted out, my entrance rug was preventing the door for opening and I accidently slammed the door on the UPS guy! I hollered "just a minute"! Shooed me dog and tried the door again, which caught on the rug and I banged my head! Finally got the stupid door open and the UPS man must have thought I was the dumbest thing ever! I forget to say Merry Christmas and feel so bad for not!

#196381 - 12/22/09 04:09 PM Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

Originally Posted By: jawjaw
Orchid, I read and enjoyed your article/blog. I left a footprint.

G

smile I better post an Olympic fireworks photo to the blog next yr. in return. smile
Neat eh? Those lights can be invaluable. I have used this sort of light to help myself walking down a dark road to a construction site. Road had no sidewalk and there were transport trucks.

#196390 - 12/22/09 05:34 PM Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: orchid]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yes on next year...for sure! I think the neatest thing was the dual purpose this man found for the lights. Bet he has a really creative mind, don't you?

Nice blog...didn't realize you had it. I'll be stopping by more. You should put a link in your signature so everyone can enjoy it.

#196391 - 12/22/09 05:39 PM Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
orchid, I read your blog too. Very fun. We have several people in wheelchairs in the Towson area. The only place for them to go is the sidewalk which has ramps all throughout town. The ramps are relatively new becasue I recall pushing the stroller around when my kids werelittle and very few corners had ramps. Everything was up and down the curb.

Mustang, do your UPS people come at night?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved