The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 82 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#196560 - 12/26/09 06:11 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: Dotsie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I know I'm a little late to this post, but what the hey.

I could lead fitness classes (at least some of them!), and help out the decorating-challenged. Plus, I'll oversee the first floor gift shop. wink

Poet and essayist

#196562 - 12/26/09 06:22 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: meredithbead]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Your Majesty...The Mountains, I am with you on that! I'll iron the clothes, be a gopher, peel the potatos, etc...

Okay, so when do we start?????

Cheers,
Cathi

#198683 - 01/28/10 11:05 AM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: Edelweiss3]
AdvoCareLady Offline

Loc: NM
Wow, I recently met a cruise rep who told me of people who live on cruise ships instead of retirement homes...people really do that and the cost is comparable! I am sure the scenery is MUCH better though.

#198701 - 01/28/10 08:35 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: AdvoCareLady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WOW! I never heard that before. Can you just imagine how cool that would be as long as there were NO rough seas that is. Can you spell Titanic???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200559 - 03/06/10 07:09 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: chatty lady]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
I think this is the funniests thread ever!! And what's more - it makes perfet sense! I don't know that I would opt for the cruise ship but I'm definately down for the hotels!
Hmm....I kind of like that now.......eliminates kids coming home that's for sure.

Kate

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#202114 - 04/09/10 05:58 PM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: DreamrKate]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My mother turned 90 today and she lives in a senior complex where each person has their own cute apartment and downstairs there is a gathering room with fireplace, large 55" screen TV and comfortable chairs and some tables they play cards at and have pot luck dinners. Mom is having a grand old time for herself and loves it. Tonight several of her friends there are taking her out to dinner and she will be wearing her new pearl necklace and bracelet.

This morning she was awaken by the UPS driven with my gift for her, a necklace and bracelet Meredith made for her special day. They are just gorgeous and my mother LOVES them. She also found her apartment door filled with envelopes. Every resident bought a card and they taped them to her door. I can't be there but it is so good to know she is having so much fun surrounded by people who love her and she isn't alone. Mom always says,
"life is what we make of it no matter what our age."

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#202124 - 04/10/10 09:19 AM Re: What a Great Idea! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
I love that last line in your most recent post, on this thread.
Happy Birthday to your mom; she sure raise a nice daughter, when
she brought you up. Those senior complexes, are one of the most wonderful projects, ever. I got my birth mom in a senior
complex and was so impressed with that type set-up. All the
residents look out for each other; they cook for one another;
they party almost continuously. They are the berries! When U all
move in together, I want to belong!!!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved