The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#193981 - 11/15/09 01:55 AM Re: I Don't Like broccoli [Re: jabber]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Yes, Jabber....very, cute indeed!

#193987 - 11/15/09 02:53 AM Re: I Don't Like broccoli [Re: Dee]
BlessedOne Offline

Loc: CA
We have been babysitting our grandson , Regan , off and on lately because our daughter it 7 months pregnant, has a husband that works shifts and, Regan tires her out! He is a blessing to us....He is 2 and talks up a storm...Yesterday, he came walking into the house, patted the dog on the head and gave her a kiss then proceeded to to say "I love you too, papa" to his Grandpa....We wish we had that on one of those talking frames so that we could hear it over and over. When we fed him lunch he said, " MMM, tasty, I like it! We really never know what he is going to say next! ..The family room of our home has turned from an emtynester room with everything in its place, into a playroom with a train table and baskets of toys and books.... Of, course, when it is time for him to go home after 4 or 5 hours, we are drained both physically and emotionally....But, full of , oh, so much happiness and love....=]

#193994 - 11/15/09 11:43 AM Re: I Don't Like broccoli [Re: BlessedOne]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Your happiness pops right out of this post. I can just picture Regan making Grandma and Grandpa laugh.
I never thought I would turn into a gushing grandmother. I could never understand that, and often stifled a yawn when every detail was told and retold.
And now... I could head the class! My husband has even started logging the cute sayings, our granddaughter comes up with. Now we have to add baby Michael's too.
I think it's because we recognise the simple things in life more as we grow older.

#194004 - 11/15/09 05:33 PM Re: I Don't Like broccoli [Re: Edelweiss3]
BlessedOne Offline

Loc: CA
I agree....Being Grandparents is far better than we ever imagined! Sure, we knew we would love the child, but the joy he gives us is immeasurable! We were never gushy parents and didn't think we would be as grandparents, but here we are! It is like a well guarded secret....I even asked my Mom if she had felt the same as I do when my kids and the cousins were born...She nodded her head and I think she did, but maybe there was just so many at once and for me there was just the one. The love floweth over....=]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved