The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 58 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#193131 - 11/03/09 05:00 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Dianne]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Approaching 60, I have a few "crowsfeet" around the eyes but that's about it. I'm told by make-up people it is because I literally spent my life indoors (night nurse) with almost no sun exposure and I have never worn face make-up except for a bit of creme/powder rouge.

I draw on eye brows due to a medical condition and use Clinique eye shadow on occasion. My mauve lipstick is by Almay.

Skin care is using nothing but unscented Dove soap for sensitive skin.

I've never done manicures or pedicures, instead opting for the short'n'clean "nurse's nail" look.

Lately, I've been splurging on the "regular" beauty salons instead of the discount places. I'm amazed at the better quality of the "ready-to-wear" haircut now.

Speaking of hair, I do my own hair tinting with Clairol Natural Instincts.

I've always tried to keep it simple, though I'm still in the bathroom much longer than my husband. lol

#193177 - 11/04/09 11:56 AM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Dianne]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I don't use any makeup... My face is too sensitive.

I use Aveeno moisturizers.. ageless ... with firm and toner..with 30 SPF

and night cream from Aveeno

Then I use a Dead Sea mud mask once a week... and I use dead sea soap every day from SpaSeacrets.. The soap is so great. It gets your skin so clean it squeaks!!

But, no makeup and I'm very comfortable with that. Besides, living in Florida, the makeup would just slide down my face anyway with all the humidity!! :-)
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#193199 - 11/04/09 03:11 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Makeup in Florida could also be a touch of the sunshine!

Dianne, is there a brand you use? I'm hooked on Arbonne, but could use this in place of their serum.

Josie, so you aren't married to any one type of product line? I'm finding that's true of most women.

#193225 - 11/04/09 04:54 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Here's what I want....anybody want to take a stab at it?

I want and would dearly love to have a foundation that:

1. Didn't cost me a kidney to buy
2. Lasted more than two months
3. Could be located conveniently
4. Matched my skin tone without me having to buy 20 of them to find the right one
5. Didn't break out my sensitive skin
6. Wasn't greasy and didn't shine for Pete's sake
7. Didn't require a hammerjack to remove

So...........anybody know of such a product?

#193227 - 11/04/09 04:55 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Dotsie]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Here's a link:

http://www.pronto.com/user/search.do?displayQuery=vitamin%20c%20facial%20serums&SEM=true&query=vitamin%20c%20facial%20serums&adid=1198566591-8823798-0_ys&ref={keyword}&creativeid={creative}&site={placement}&OVRAW=vitamin%20c%20facial%20serum&OVKEY=vitamin%20c%20facial%20serum&OVMTC=standard&OVADID=15108894512&OVKWID=164789907012&loadingComplete=true

Gads, that seems awfully long.

I use France Laure' and I'm not sure you can buy it online or without a license. I'll check on it for you.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#193229 - 11/04/09 04:57 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dianne, was this in answer to Dotsie's question? For serum?

#193239 - 11/04/09 06:55 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Dotsie]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: Dotsie
Makeup in Florida could also be a touch of the sunshine!

Dianne, is there a brand you use? I'm hooked on Arbonne, but could use this in place of their serum.

Josie, so you aren't married to any one type of product line? I'm finding that's true of most women.

Hi Dotsie: I'm a creature of habit. I have used "Youth Dew" by Estee Lauder for decades. I have used Mabelline eyebrow pencil for decades. I've used pretty much the same few hair/make-up items my entire adult life. And when something happens, like for example when Almay discontinues a particular mauve lipstick product line, I go into a panic and look for a secondary market to buy a "lifelong" supply. lol lol lol

#193261 - 11/04/09 09:49 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: Vicki M. Taylor
I don't use any makeup... My face is too sensitive.

I use Aveeno moisturizers.. ageless ... with firm and toner..with 30 SPF

and night cream from Aveeno

Then I use a Dead Sea mud mask once a week... and I use dead sea soap every day from SpaSeacrets.. The soap is so great. It gets your skin so clean it squeaks!!

But, no makeup and I'm very comfortable with that. Besides, living in Florida, the makeup would just slide down my face anyway with all the humidity!! :-)

Any photo where I am not wearing a dress/ very dressy outfit for a special occasion, I am not wearing any makeup. Zero. So there are loads of family photos of me ..no makeup even seeing friends recently who haven't seen me in the last 2 years.

In co-ed social settings, except for dressy dinners, ..also no makeup. No hair colouring either.

I'm incredibly cheap..except for haircuts. laugh
In my humble opinion, women who restart regular physical fitness activites in mid-life, also seem to reduce the amount of makeup that they use. It's just a general observation that I see over the past decade or so.

#193280 - 11/04/09 11:50 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: orchid]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
It's was supposed to be, JJ!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#193322 - 11/05/09 02:12 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, the link worked and I see all those Vitamin C serums. Which would you recommend, and what about the Vitamin A serum. Do you use both? I'm up for trying something new if soemone I know has used it and likes it.

Thanks Dianne.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved