The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 76 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#185498 - 06/30/09 01:32 PM Re: Bras [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Good bras are expensive; and no matter how I try, I still can't get a uniform fit in all styles. Maybe Victoria Secret knows something I don't???

Edited by jabber (06/30/09 01:33 PM)

#185505 - 06/30/09 02:58 PM Re: Bras [Re: jabber]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Try JCPenney's before or after you go to VS. Compare pricing and fittings.

#185513 - 06/30/09 03:48 PM Re: Bras [Re: Di]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
At VS they do a fitting and recommend certain bras. If you sign up with them, you get $10.00 discounts almost every month and a card to get a pair of free panties. Heck, if they don't fit, because they ain't the big gal panties, then give them to your daughter or granddaughters. Woohoo!

#185547 - 06/30/09 08:06 PM Re: Bras [Re: Dotsie]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Hello Everyone,

I use to be Renee, but change awhile to "Sadie" I haven't been on for awhile busy life but when I saw this thread about "Bra's" and thought "Wow" someone rung my bell. I have been Bra hunting for a year . I use to wear the "playtex" thank goodness it fits in lace sides . They don't make them anymore only the padded cups that make me feel like I am wearing a cupcake in my bra and forget the underwire my rib cage sinks in . LOL and hurts me . Dotsie been to VS and can't get me fited either .

So, off I went to Kohl's and found some "Bali" and went up a size . Now I am on a diet of 1500 calories and walking ever other day to get the blood pressure down and lift the weigh off my jelly roll waist . So, only solution was to go up a size , oh that hurt to do that . At least until the weigh or more weigh has come off .

Meridith, I will go to Sears to and try the bra you recommended . Oh, what a wonderful topic . I have talked to so many of my friends are on a hunt for the most comforable bra . I love my olds ones and so comfortable and I do sage to Dotsie .

Nice talking with you all,

Sadie was Renee

Courage is very important ,
Like a muscle, it is strengthend by use.

#185587 - 07/01/09 01:56 PM Re: Bras [Re: Sadie]
jabber Offline

Sadie,
This bra hunting thing is a real pain. Recently, I got 4 bras at
Bon Tons, 2 fit and 2 didn't. I'm gonna try VS, like Dotsie
suggested. If that doesn't work, I'll look around some more.
Nice to hear from you, gal. Prayers and blessings,

Edited by jabber (07/01/09 01:56 PM)

#185620 - 07/01/09 07:19 PM Re: Bras [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany

#185622 - 07/01/09 07:20 PM Re: Bras [Re: jabber]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
hey Sadie, good to see you again!

The worst is when I get a bra that seems to fit in the store, but when I go home and wear it, I get a rash/abrasion? under the cup by the band line. That has happened several times. Ugh.

Poet and essayist

#185649 - 07/02/09 01:32 PM Re: Bras [Re: meredithbead]
jabber Offline

Edelweiss3,
Love that sweatshirt idea, myself. That gal does look comfy!

#185786 - 07/03/09 05:05 PM Re: Bras [Re: jabber]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I went to one of those Lady Grace stores several years ago in search of the perfect bra. Thought if they fitted me and I got the "right" one, it would help. The woman asked if I wanted to "minimize them." I looked down, thought about it and then looked at her and said, "Minimize them? No, I just want to put them back up where they belong."

Of course, she didn't get it. Just tried to sell me a bra that I kept telling her was not my size. She managed to talk me into it. I paid a lot for it and only wore it once or twice. It was way too tight and uncomfortable.

#185788 - 07/03/09 05:14 PM Re: Bras [Re: Louisa]
Mountain Ash Offline

There is a chain in UK called Bravmissimo who also send a catalogue.The only Scottish branch was in Glasgow and I live on the east coast a distance away.Imagine my joy when I read that there is new branch open in my nearest city.I attend a clinic there and on Thursday will go and be measured.Hopefully have a choice of bra.They make pretty sets and have a wide range..also swimming wear and some fashions for curvey lassies.

This chain was started when a young Mum could not find a larger cup bra after her pregnancy.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved