The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#18380 - 04/26/05 07:02 AM Re: Wanna neck?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I know someone who had a chin job and you'd never know it. It looks the same. [Frown]

I also know another person who had all the fat sucked out of the gut and thighs. It's back! You have to change the way you eat. It won't stay away forever.

As far as the neck goes...wear turtlenecks.

#18381 - 04/26/05 07:02 AM Re: Wanna neck?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
P.S. You have to determine if you're a wrinkler or drooper. I was a drooper.

#18382 - 04/26/05 03:58 AM Re: Wanna neck?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wrinkler or drooper, how funny and one of those is called Turkey neck but which one? Humm!!! [Confused]

#18383 - 04/26/05 05:22 AM Re: Wanna neck?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I am a wrinkled drooper or a droopy wrinkler with a turkey neck.

#18384 - 04/27/05 07:07 AM Re: Wanna neck?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

You gals are too funny. I think the turkey neck might just be a hanger.

Oh...getting the fat sucked out just grosses me. I saw it done on tv and almost passed out. I can't imagine how much that would hurt.

A friend had a tummy tuck and said it was the worst thing she's ever been through. But she loves the way her tummy looks now. You couldn't pay me to have that done.

#18385 - 04/26/05 10:09 PM Re: Wanna neck?
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
To all you lovely ladies.

The secret to youth lies within the stomach and spleen. The stomach (based on Chinese medicine) receives, and its energy sends food downwards, its nutrients to be absorbed by the body.

The spleen controls and feeds the tissue, the tendons, and the muscles and has an upward energy, which sends blood to the face and extremities.

If you nurture your stomach and spleen with the proper foods, the stomach and spleen stay lush, the blood remains vital, circulation remains strong and the skin helps retain its lushness and suppleness.

Vitamin C also keeps the cells young, and the skin lush. You have to keep to a specific dosage that is designed for you. Too many anti-oxidants have a reverse and toxic effect. ( remember I'm not a doctor, this is just what I've learned from different texts by people whose knowledge I have found to be quite interesting and profound, ie doctors who went on their own journey not buying into the system of knowledge that is a bandaid, rather an understanding that everyone is individual and had different chemistry and energetic patterns, which can never be observed by western medicine because they work through a formula, where there are only a few medicines designed to fit all people.)Textbook answers.

RE AGING
It is the depletion of energy or a counterflow of energy within the meridiens within the body that create stress and thus aging. That's a simple answer. There are other aspects of energy that have to be taken into consideration as well.

I'll be 44 this year and I am working on repairing my own body. I became emaciated in 1989 and it lasted for over a decade, tissue degredation throughout my body, breathing shot to hell. They said on my blood tests that I had had a splenectomy, which means that I had had my spleen removed. It was just used up. Spending years fighting death I read hundreds of books, my mind constantly on a deadline, not your usual 5 0'clock deadline, but a lights out deadline.

The spleen is the seat of the mind and is closely connected to the heart energy. It's very important to bring balance to your day and to eat right, exercise and I don't mean full on but a gentleness that doesn't aggravate the energy. ie tai chi, which is generally a martial arts exercise or qi gong which is a medical exercise as it works on the deeper energies within. Find your own rhythm. I found for myself, a slowness builds power and strength within the energy. Rapid movement can drain energy.

You see everything is energy.

The 13 meridians are governed by different energies. The electrons in every cell are linked directly to the neural processes in the brain and the mind's thoughts. What you think has energy and that energy instantly immerses, or the thought immerses within certain cells within your body.

It is possible to have a beautiful life if you understand energy, its secrets and how energy affects your health, your relationship and your finances.

The zen of life ladies, energy, its knowledge power!

Have a nice day everybody and remember, life is just what you decide it will be. The power of intention is a creative force outside of our minds and it is the power to change our lives, because it is the power within us, a seed, a kernal of great magnetic beauty, the creative force itself, a specific energy that can change all of our lives.

Jesus once said, Speak the word and it will be.
He knew the creative power within energy, thought and sound. He had mastered energy and that is why miracles occured.It was also an essene teaching, those teachings which nurtured him when he was young, the understanding of energy and its mastery

There are many other examples in the Buddhist faith.

Enjoy the day! It's really hot up here.

Love Leigha

#18386 - 04/26/05 11:19 PM Re: Wanna neck?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks Leigha!

Do you happen to have any info on liver or liver cleansing? That would interest me.

I just recently received your book and I'm taking it to Florida with me to read. Can't wait.

#18387 - 04/27/05 12:24 AM Re: Wanna neck?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dianne I have taken Milk Thistle with Silymarin for many years now, it is a liver supporter and cleanser. It has made all the difference and should be taken by anyone taking drugs of any kind. You should be able to find reading material on this.....Only take the Milk Thistle that has 70/80% Silymarin...

#18388 - 04/27/05 12:51 AM Re: Wanna neck?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Okay. Thanks. I'll get some. What other vitamins do you take, Chatty?

#18389 - 04/27/05 12:52 AM Re: Wanna neck?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

P.S. Forgot to mention that I got my life scans back and I'm in good shape as far as they show. However, my bone density is just a little bit under normal. So my next questions is: what is the very best form of calcium. I take a pill every single day but I guess it's not good enough.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved