The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 107 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#181413 - 05/04/09 07:39 PM Re: Potatoes [Re: Dotsie]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Potatoes,3,4 or 5, quartered
1 head of garlic, roasted
3-4 Tablespoons butter,more if you like
1/4 cup of milk or cream, more or less
salt and pepper to taste

Peel 3 or 4 potatoes and cook in salted water until tender. Drain potatoes and mash, or you can put them through a ricer. Add the mashed potatoes, roasted garlic, salt, pepper,butter, and milk into a mixing bowl and mix or whip until creamy. You can also add a little parmesan cheese to this too if you like. Yum.

I also have a hamburger casserole recipe with scalloped potatoes, if you are interested.

#181418 - 05/04/09 08:36 PM Re: Potatoes [Re: Cookie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
These garlic mashed sound delish. My son makes garlic smoked mashed potatoes. It sounds a little similar, but he adds bacln, chive, and Smoked Gouda cheese. They're a family favorite. I'd give you the recipe, but it's in his head.

#181421 - 05/04/09 09:01 PM Re: Potatoes [Re: Dotsie]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Yum ! I haven't had potato soup in such a long time and after reading these recipes I may have to do so. Also going to try the other recipes - Lord I don't need to get hooked onto the potato again. Help me now!
www.tidedancer.com

#181551 - 05/06/09 01:54 AM Re: Potatoes [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
GARLIC-LEMON POTATOES

1 1/2 lb. red or yellow skin potatoes, cubed, small.
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced.
Freshly ground black pepper

COMBINE the potatoes and salt in a saucepan, with enough water to cover them by 1 inch. Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and return to pan.

ADD the oil, lemon juice, garlic and pepper to taste. Toss and mix thoroughly.

Note:
This interesting potato-lemon-garlic blend is flavorful and healthy. The vitamin C in the potatoes and lemons is an active inflammation fighter, protecting against heart disease, cancer, and everyday clods. Adding the garlic and lemon last rather than cooking them retains their nutritional vigor.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#181636 - 05/06/09 08:43 PM Re: Potatoes [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
JJ, in place of the chicken or mushroom soup, try Knorr Leek Soup... then top with bacon bits, shredded cheddar and a dollop of sour cream...
my mouth is watering... we haven't had potato soup in ages --- the white potatoes, sour cream, cheese and bacon are all on my no-no list... but, oh so good!

We slice potatoes (red, gold and white), brush with olive or roasted sesame oil, sprinkle with garlic and dried parsley, then bake/broil 'til crispy brown. This way we get potatoes, but in a limited amount.

#181651 - 05/06/09 11:13 PM Re: Potatoes [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh yum, Gims! I'll do that. I love using Knorr's...don't you? And I roast my potatoes too. I just put EVOO on them, then whatever spices I have handy, and sometimes I just put the EVOO and then a packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix (the dry packet) and then bake them.

Slobber...slobber.

#182226 - 05/14/09 10:45 PM Re: Potatoes [Re: Dotsie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I was raised on potato latkes. Never saw a recipe but this is close:

5 small potatoes or 2-3 large grated (we keep the skin on -- optional)
bunch of salt
bunch of garlic
pepper to taste
2 eggs
1 onion diced
maybe 1 cup matzo meal (bread crumbs work too), or however much it takes so that everything mixed together is thick enough to hold a shape, but not so thick that you have a solid glump.

Cover bottom of fry pan with oil & heat. Add small balls of potato mixture and then smush them down with a spatula to make thick pancakes about the size of the palm of your hand.

Fry till browned, flip, and fry on other side. Serve with sour cream or apple sauce.

Poet and essayist

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved