The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 52 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#173381 - 02/02/09 01:30 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: Princess Lenora]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea i will scond that and i still think your brave doing it and drawing our attension to it. I for one am glade you din't get to delate them as you get your reasuranse and now we all know we all feel like that sometimes.

#173405 - 02/02/09 05:54 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: celtic_flame]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
PL, I am not about as much as I used to be since I started Uni, I get where you are comming from and possibly why you could get to feeling so. But to put yourself in the PITA category is not the case, I have always respected you, your posts and when you chat about in open threads...yet I can also understand the sensitivity, I am sure we all get our own versions of it from time to time. As the others have stated, that was a couragous thing to post about and I am sure like myself, most folk who will read this will totally get the point and totally respect you for your honesty and bravery.

Big Loves
Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#173408 - 02/02/09 06:01 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: Poppie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh you guys, thank you so much for the reassurance. I have admitted to having rampant insecurities, and I let them show every now and then. I should know to trust the love that I receive from my boomer sisters! xxoo Lynn

#173508 - 02/03/09 04:50 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: Princess Lenora]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Thanks PL. You are not pain in the rear. No one here is!
But it takes time go over all these threads. And I'm sure
I miss some of them on a regular basis. Any yes I still iron
some things. My DIL doesn't iron anything. I like the looks
of jeans and some of hubby shirts if they're iron some.
I don't spend lots of time at it, but I put creases in some stuff.

#173510 - 02/03/09 04:51 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have a friend who doesn't own an iron. I don't iron much, but I like having the option.

#173539 - 02/03/09 07:27 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Gotcha. I don't like to iron either. And I have heard of
perma press, somewhere along the line. I don't iron much.
But some.

#173565 - 02/03/09 11:02 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I own an iron and small table top ironing board. Do I use the iron much?

Hummmmm, now lets see, where is that iron????? Haven't seen it in years!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#173614 - 02/04/09 04:23 AM Re: Getting a complex [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: Anne327
There are some older men I know who demand their wives iron everything, including the sheets and pillowcases. I know what I'd use the iron for if someone demanded that of me...... grin

How old are these men who demand ironed sheets? Hopefully that practice has dropped. Such a friggin' waste of time especially with sheets that don't wrinkle as much if you know how to buy the right quality.

When I was younger and heard about the ancient habit of ironing bed sheets, it bewildered me. It sounds so hopelessly North American (and old style, bourgeoise European).

Life is more than just ironing sheets. How many people actually peep into the bedroom anyway outside of the people who use the bedroom?

Since our place is small we cannot have a full ironing board. I just have a table top..that I place onto the carpeted living rm. floor and I am KNEELING on the carpet and crouched over, ironing the rare piece of clothing that needs it. It's a bother.

Of course, when I used to sew alot, I ironed often..it's necessary to iron and steam the tucks, seams, etc. at different stages of clothing construction so things hang right on the body in the end. So that's when ironing is truly justified, a necessary process of creating a well-fitting garmet.

But no point sweatin' over such an insignificant detail of daily life. It's just my clothing. My partner avoids buying any clothing that requires ironing. He was like this even before I met him.

Edited by orchid (02/04/09 04:26 AM)

#173642 - 02/04/09 02:39 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: orchid]
jabber Offline

MIL ironed hubby's undershirts when he lived with her. He was mid-thirties before we married, and was a bachelor till then. There was no way in hades I was gonna iron T-shirts. He's lucky good slacks and shirts get touched up. It would be a cold day, you know where, before I ironed sheets!

#173650 - 02/04/09 05:26 PM Re: Getting a complex [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
lol i bought an iron when a frend popped over to mine to get radie to go out, took a towel out put it on the floor as i watched bemused and said weers your iron!....I had to go looking to my nearest frend to get me one, iv never seen someone so shocked to learn i never ironed lol

i have ways and means of getting L cloths dune nowadays lol.

ironing sheets is almost as bad as ironing socls and pants....by mum did but thats weer the ironing unecassary stuff family tradition ended theri lol.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved