The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 51 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#173297 - 02/01/09 06:10 PM Re: Facial Peels. At home and professional.. [Re: dancer9]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Dancer, I just purchased an at home peel from philosophy. It is two steps, and I loved the sample that I received.

I am too lazy and cheap to have a pro peel, and I do understand that an at home version will not be as intense. But, is it worth it to do an at home?

And, sagging skin..... Is there anything that helps? Remember, I am cheap and lazy. It;s around my mouth and chin that I am beginning to sag. It rather disgusts me and makes me feel old. Any suggestions?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#173315 - 02/01/09 08:03 PM Re: Facial Peels. At home and professional.. [Re: Anno]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Anno, what product exactly is the Philosophy 2 step peel? Dancer, there are 4 or 5 turnaround products on the sephora page you provided. Is the featured product the one you are recommending? Orchid, I had severe acne too, and my skin was not saved until I was 30. That was about the time that Accutane came onto the market. Also, I was accustomed to using drug store products like Clearisi and Seabreeze, which had lots of detergents. Derma told me to switch to Clinique, and it helped a lot. Like you, I got sick of obsessing about my skin. I actually noticed when I did stop obsessing, it was like, hey, I'm not obsessing about my skin. Although I am obsessed about the use of sunscreen. Since those Clearasil days, over-the-counter products have sure improved, and dermatologist provide their own line or a line they approve of. Dancer, it sounds like you had great skin to work with. Now, what do we do about the neck? Lines, wrinkles, sagging, folds, earlobes, too.

#173654 - 02/04/09 06:14 PM Re: Facial Peels. At home and professional.. [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I was recommending the peel that was one the link. It has great reviews from customers.

Let me say again, I recommend FIRST Renova, or Retin A if your skin is oily and both come with a prescription. They are WORTH IT completely. The have to be prescribed because the AMA keeps it's hands on the latest technology and doesn't let it out until it finds a better product. I use Retin A, I have somewhat oily skin but Renova has some moisture in it and leaves the skin beautiful.

The acid in the Clinque product is my second favorite. It seems to work the deepest of the over-the-counter products.

These products can be applied under the eyes, the neck, even the ear lobes.

It's easy to think that one started out with good skin but the fact is that I have several friends that have cared for their complextion for a long time who have beautiful skin. The sooner you start, the less to turn around.

As to tightening, there is a bit of tightening with these products. The only two things I know that tighten with a lot to see are one that is over the counter and tightens with chemicals until you wash it off and says it tightens over time as well. The other is plastic surgery.

Keeping ones weight at a consistant point also helps with the face. If you gain a lot of weight and then loose it, your skin will sag when you are thin. Some say that after 40 you have to choose between your face and your butt, thinking that a bit of weight helps the face stay tight.

But to improve pores, erase thin, small wrinkles and to help discoloration, as well as other benefits, a peeling agent does a lot to help!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#173735 - 02/05/09 11:08 AM Re: Facial Peels. At home and professional.. [Re: dancer9]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Clinque...expensive foundasion but i love it as iv vrty sensitive skin....

any soaps or scrubes or anything that dryes the skin makes my skin bad..id never put it together that skin being too dry was harming my skin, you normale look for too greasie..

this great bit of news as id only ever paid attension to the bad side efffects of facial peels and dismissd anything else about them...

good to know its changing and over counter stuff is now good too.
i might even reconsider my position on this, good info and thanks.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved