The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#16934 - 09/15/05 02:31 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
O am asking for the scoop on the travel section, come on give,,,,details Danita!!

#16935 - 09/15/05 02:55 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Chatty,

You couldn't HANDLE the details! LOL ...oops, well maybe you can!

well post in travel!

Everything I know about (ahem) romance I learned from Chatty! rotfl,

danita

p.s. confessed to dh asking your advice about "creative phone conversations". lol, he loved it!

#16936 - 09/17/05 05:12 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
Princess Lenora Offline

Gosh, girls, I think I like Danita's jet setting. I wonder if weight has anything to do with it. When I was underweight I actually looked older than I do now, when I am at my right weight. If I had the money, I would do everything and everything I could to look younger. I hate the sagging knees and cellulite thights. I hate my crepey neck. I hate the frown lines. I hate the wrinkles. Worst of all I hate the pimples with the wrinkles. I hate the acne scars. I hate that my former Brooke Shields eyebrows are now getting thin and gray. I use BIO-MEDICS, which you get from a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. The plastic surgeon I had for breast reconstruction after mastectomy recommended these products. Not much more expensive than say, Clinique, yet definitly superior because they are "medical grade" which means that the FDA allows greater content of the anti-aging chemicals. I like my reconstructed chest. I like that my hair grew back brunette instead of gray. Nothing wrong with gray hair, I just was not ready for loss of color along with everything else. Hmm, sorry I sound so negative. This was supposed to be about products and not the process of aging. I guess you can tell I'm not in sync with getting older. I think it's because trauma took away my youth...YIKES, where am I going with this?

#16937 - 09/18/05 07:06 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
Danita Offline

Lynn,

I had to read this twice to see if it was really you! LOL

I've met Lynn - she is LOVELY! I personally, did NOT see any of the above sypmtoms she listed of getting older! LOL

I think part of the whole process is embracing what we've grown into (even if it isn't "perfection".)

I was sitting on the beach of Waikiki - there is 20 year old eye candy all around -- and you know, I didn't give it alot of thought (this is coming from a woman who hasn't worn a swimsuit for 10 years!).

The wisdom and self-confidence I have, comes from years of experience. When I was "eye candy" I was a handfull - and not too sweet at that! LOL

Grow old with flare! Attitude can make one look years younger!

hugs,
danita

#16938 - 09/17/05 08:13 PM Re: Anti-Aging?
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Danita, thank you. Yeah, it's really me. Sometimes I get down on myself. I was so sorry I hit "send" on that post because now I've made this all about me. Danita, you are still eye candy. Talk about lovely! You are so pretty with you autumn tones and poreless skin. I know aging is an attitude. And I am growing old with flair. Love and Light, Lynn

#16939 - 09/18/05 12:04 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
Danita Offline

Lynn,

News flash it IS all about you! (and me, and the rest of us! that is why this forum is so much fun!) (giggles)

You just voiced what many of us think from time to time. I'm not beating you up - just reflecting who you REALLY are.

It is hard to face the aging thing - when the world airbrushes all the imperfections off of the 17 year old models (IF, they have any)....

I saw in a magazine recently they had "full sized models"...I was like "wooo hoooo"...but there wasn't a fat dimple (or what Rita Davenport the President of Arbonne calls "hail damage") and no double chins. I was like, "huh?!!"...I still can't measure up!

Thank you for building ME up!

You are the best and you ARE growing older with incredible flair!

Great big hugs,
danita

#16940 - 09/18/05 01:43 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Wait a minute...Rita Davenport? Is she from Phoenix and did she used to have a daytime tv show? I met her years ago and wondered what happened to her.

Lynn, we all have those days. I sure do. I think you look fantastic!

#16941 - 09/18/05 01:52 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
Danita Offline

Dianne,

Yup, that's the same Rita Davenport. What a dynamic lady, who has inspired so many woman!

She leads our company with HEART and HUMOR...what a great combination!

What was your experience with her?

danita

[ September 17, 2005, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Danita ]

#16942 - 09/18/05 07:12 AM Re: Anti-Aging?
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Danita and Dianne, what is wrong with me? I went to the bank the other day and had to show my ID with date of birth to a young teller. She calculated my age and said, "Oh my gosh, you look phenomenal. I want to look like you when I grow up." Why do I beat my own self up? (Rhetorical quesitons) I knew of Rita Davenport in the 1970s. I was living in Phoenix and I went to a time management seminar she was conducting. The auditorium was packed. She was such a good speaker. I so admired her ability to speak to so many! My step-father was managing a country club and she was booking an engagement at the country club. He said she was a very professional woman. I think she also had a column in the Phoenix Republic (or was that Gazette.) I'm glad to hear she is still on the job and running Arbonne. By the way, to get us back on track with the original question about products, I tried an Arbonne product via Danita this summer. I must say that I was impressed with the quality of the products, and If I wasn't using Bio-Medics I woudl switch to the Arbonne line. If Danita's skin is a result of Arbonne, then let me tell you, you can't go wrong. It seems as though the company puts ethical testing behind its products. LLL P.S. Dianne, if you are referring to the pic on my web site, that was about 7 years ago, before cancer. Chemo took a lot out of me. But thanks anyway!!!!!

#16943 - 09/18/05 05:49 PM Re: Anti-Aging?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I was singing at a women's retreat and Rita was the speaker. I found her to be a very warm and energetic woman. A go get em' type of woman who has forged her own way and is now doing it for other women.

I have a ton of beauty products in my bathroom but when I use them all up, I'm going to try Arbonne. My husband is the pres. of a drug store chain so you can only imagine the free samples I receive.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved