The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#16474 - 10/04/04 11:12 PM Re: Fall clothes
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Paja its such fun to read all that the ladies are and are not eating. Its unbelievalbe how honest you will be with your Boomer sisters about what you eat. We all give little inspirations to one another and theres NO pressure. You post what you ate when you want to. I didn't post for awhile when I was sick and really missed it. Its sort of like weight watchers without the weigh-ins or the weekly fees. [Embarrassed] Come join in whether you want to lose a pound or a ton. I have lost nealy 30 pounds since joining. Gained back 20 because of new diabetes medicine, threw the darn stuff away and have lost the 20 again, Geesh, once was hard enough. Hope to see you there...

#16475 - 10/05/04 07:00 PM Re: Fall clothes
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
The BWS diet has been a life saver for me. Since I started it I've lost 46 pounds. YAY!!

Having to report my food intake really makes me stop and think about what goes into my mouth. [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]

#16476 - 10/06/04 10:31 AM Re: Fall clothes
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
You have it tough Meredith! Don't give him any more money and he won't be able to buy that great fatty stuff!

Dots, when I put my jeans onthis year not only did they slide right on up but they were a size smaller!!! I wore them and was not chafed all day or sucking for breath because the waist was tight. Not bad for an original skinny kid who did not know how to lose weight.

The BWS dieters are a support group that is small enough to understand the various stages of where each person is in their diet. We reward and encourage and believe when I say that you start slow and learn from others that dieting is not starving or deprivation (only JJ's oreos and dotsie's chocolate) but a change is habit.

I have lost between 20 and 25 pounds and feel better about myself than I have in quite awhile.

Still hoping for another 10 before the holidays so I can visit Meredith and EAT!

Lynn

#16477 - 10/07/04 03:53 AM Re: Fall clothes
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Lynn, you're invited!!! Every day we'll have salads, fresh fruit and premium ice cream! [Big Grin]

#16478 - 10/08/04 10:53 PM Re: Fall clothes
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Yippee!!!!

Lynn

#16479 - 10/14/04 05:22 PM Re: Fall clothes
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

I just had to post. I'm so excited. I went shopping today because I have a presentation next week and a writers' conference next month. Of course I have NO CLOTHES to wear since I lost 48 pounds and can't find anything that fits. Of course I weeded out those clothes out of my closet and put them in a box for Goodwill. [Wink]

I have dropped 4 sizes ladies.. FOUR sizes. [Big Grin] I put clothes on in the dressing room and looked in the mirror and LIKED what I saw. It was a true spiritual moment. [Smile]

I bought a new suit with 3 shirts, then mix & match set w/1 pr pants and 3 tops.

I even had to buy new underwear because mine were falling off me!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] Uh oh, is that TMI? Well, you heard it here first. [Razz]

#16480 - 10/14/04 11:34 PM Re: Fall clothes
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Vicki,
You are a true inspiration and I couldn't be happier. Well, that's not true. I could be happier if it were me, but then I'd have to give up YOU KNOW WHAT and we all know that AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN....so congrats for you girl! You have certainly earned the praise and the "spiritual feelings" the new look gave you. Oh what the heck...here ya go....

(Queen doing her happy dance just for Vicki) ..."Go Vicki! Go Vicki!"... (she moving her chubby little arms in a circle)...(it ain't pretty)... sigh...JJ

#16481 - 10/15/04 12:01 PM Re: Fall clothes
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I join the queen in her happy dance. Please get your husband to take a picture when you are in one of your new outfits.

Vicki, how long has it been since you were your current size?

#16482 - 10/15/04 02:13 PM Re: Fall clothes
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Feels alot like being reborn doesn't it? Good for you and hopefully some of the rest of us can do as well....Seems like the only BIG thing left on you now is your huge heart.... [Big Grin]

#16483 - 10/15/04 02:48 PM Re: Fall clothes
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

LOL, I am seeing the happy dance! Thank you. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Dotsie, how long has it been since I've been this size? Oh my gosh, YEARS!! Years and Years ago. I was this size (14) back in 94, and then I went to a weightloss clinic and lost a ton of weight and went down to a size 8. I stayed about an 8-10 for a couple of years,(You should have seen me, roller blading, playing tennis, riding a motorcycle) but then I got sick and was diagnosed with Grave's Disease (a thyroid disorder). Each year after that my weight went up and up and up. So, on it's way up to a 22 (which I was when I started our diet) I was a 14 during 99, probably. Most of the weight gain was due to lack of exercise and medications. My doctor said that once I was medically "stable" he would address the weight gain. In between, I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal) and Degenerative Disk Disorder. Both in the lumbar area, which cut out exercise completely. Then I was diagnosed with Clinical Depression (chemically induced - meds I was on for Grave's Disease caused it)and was put on meds that shot my weight up. Surprisingly, with my latest diagnosis of Bipolar, I have found a combination of meds that are actually making it easier to lose weight.

Being depressed in itself had a lot to do with the weight gain. Nothing like being fat to bring a person down. [Razz] [Wink]

Dotsie, your BWS diet forum has been the best thing to ever happen to me when it comes to losing weight. Being held accountable and having to post my food intake each day forces me to be good. Otherwise, I would never have so much self control. It also helps that I'm not depressed like I was before and have a better outlook on life. Life isn't so bleak and dark anymore.

Just knowing that I have friends here on BWS makes all the difference. I really feel your support and know in my heart that if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have made it as far as I have.

You are truly special people. Every single one of you. -sniff sniff- And you like me, you really like me -- (okay, so I stole that part from Sally Field's Oscar speech.) [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved