The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#163352 - 10/20/08 11:36 PM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: jabber]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
LOL, Chatty! "in case miracles occur and we get rain!" Ha! I know how that feels!
Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#163366 - 10/21/08 02:38 AM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: dancer9]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I've received this in emails several times.
On the toothpaste... you can clean jewelry with it... and I've heard of people plugging holes in walls... roach bait if you ask me.

A good roach bait, by the way is borax, flour and cocoa... put it in bottle caps and set around your room.

How 'bout banana peels to shine shoes. Saw that on a movie - never tried it, but what if?

#163383 - 10/21/08 07:01 AM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: gims]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Ewww, I don't know about putting banana peels on shoes... what, the inside of them? Sounds a little bit icky.

I do know that my wonderful little son polished a beautiful silver tea set that I brought home when my grandmother died a year or so ago. Toothpaste.... who knew? It did a wonderful job and talking to my son while he was doing that reminded me of the wonderful conversations that I had with my Mita when I was young and polishing the silver at her house.

My little addition to this list is something that my art teacher told me in 1969. He and his wife were very ecology minded. He said to unwrap the bar soap when you bring it home. Taking it out of the wrapper lets some of the moisture evaporate, thus making it last longer. Makes for a much less mooshy bar of soap.

That's it for me.

Kate

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#163387 - 10/21/08 11:22 AM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: DreamrKate]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Another one is cinnamon to stop ants...I had heard of it (or found it on the web somewhere) and it worked! I sprinkled it on my counter where the ants were having a ball (guess it would help if I washed that sticky honey off the counter once in a while, eh?) and it worked!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#163445 - 10/22/08 12:54 AM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: Mama Red]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Gims, are you trying to catch roaches with that concoction? If so, WHY would you want to? I probably am misunderstanding your meaning, does it attract, then kill the little buggers?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#163451 - 10/22/08 02:01 AM Re: Tips sent to me... [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
The smell of the cocoa, the flour to feed on and the borax kills. I don't do this, I use the motels, which do a wonderful job. We have an annual extermination contract... but don't use it for indoors - it's for termite protection, only. Spiders are our worst invaders, so if anyone has a tip for those... an ergo tip.
We found where the wasps were getting in and fixed that problem. The flies have pretty much gone away, except for one every so often. Now, after Ike, it's the mosquitoes...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved