The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#163882 - 10/28/08 12:34 AM Re: Holidays are coming [Re: chickadee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
chick, I thought of doing that very thing... they may turn their noses up now, but I think they'll catch on later and appreciate the effort. We'd probably do it in ratio to the number of Christmases they've had with gimme and poppy... the older getting $$$s to the education fund and the youngest (who haven't had that many Christmases to get) still getting gifts with lower $$$s in the funds.

#163902 - 10/28/08 04:11 AM Re: Holidays are coming [Re: gims]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
We've thought of doing an account for him. But it's very hard to not buy toys and such. My kids had buckets of toys and I think they are so important to a childs learning by playing. I don't think it will be a problem but it makes you think about it.
www.tidedancer.com

#164172 - 10/30/08 10:26 PM Re: Holidays are coming [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Baa Humbug!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#164280 - 11/01/08 12:01 PM Re: Holidays are coming [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I saw what my SIL gave her grands for Halloween. I can only imagine what Christmas will be like. Did you give or mail your grands anything for Halloween?

#164286 - 11/01/08 12:21 PM Re: Holidays are coming [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What I did this year was buy them each playing cards (Dora and Tinkerbell) for Halloween and some of those 100-calorie pack cookies, instead of the usual chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate stuff they don't need. The cards came in two packs each and were $1.00 at the Dollar Store. They were so excited!

I use to buy tons of candy, just for them, then they would consume tons of it while HERE at my house, and then I would scratch my head and wonder why they were acting like Jack Russell terriers...bouncing off the walls.

Now I'm using my noodle...whew!

#164312 - 11/01/08 09:37 PM Re: Holidays are coming [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My youngest grandchild will be eighteen this month. It has taken the fun out of the holidays having no little ones around. I have to search around for children to spoil again this year.

I spent Halloween at a home for battered wives and their children, and it was a blast, so I am already making plans for spending some Christmas time with them as well. There are kids there of every age, its so sad really, but maybe a few like me can help cheer everyone up. Some of the mothers are kids themselves, already having been battered and bruised.

My gay friend Paolo, is a well known hairdresser and he and I are going to do the mothers hair, and their makeup for them. He will also give each mom a gift basket of smell good stuff from his shop. The kids will get countless treats and toys. Seeing their happy faces will make the holidays brighter for me too. I love shopping for kids stuff, especially little girls clothes.

#164334 - 11/02/08 02:03 AM Re: Holidays are coming [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Chattylady..what a great idea! smile I´ve got to remember that when my grandkids are not kids anymore..or who knows..maybe I won´t wait that long. Really..what a wonderful idea! Hmm.. smile

#164343 - 11/02/08 07:34 AM Re: Holidays are coming [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Chatty, once again you have proven that you have a heart of gold. You give so much of yourself with such love and enthusiasm.

#164403 - 11/03/08 08:59 AM Re: Holidays are coming [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thanks so much ladies, but I think I get more out of it than they do.

Humlan have you tried the supplements?

#164460 - 11/03/08 06:36 PM Re: Holidays are coming [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
No not yet. Gotta ask you something first..these supplements will not play havoc with my bowels..will they? I have IBS..the one with the runs.

I had planned to start with them anyway when we get into November as I want them working for me when I travel to the US on the 9th of Dec.

So let me know..HUGS! smile

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved