The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#160224 - 09/18/08 06:09 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: Dotsie]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
Dotsie, all that stress would make anyone feel unbalanced. Hope you get your sense of balance back soon. You'll have to let us know what you did to get that "back in balance" feeling going!!

Humlan, I am not far at all from PA... have a daughter living in Erie PA and the SO has a daughter in Pittsburgh. It just might be possible to meet you...Let us know where you may be visiting, I think it would be cool to meet you!

#160392 - 09/20/08 11:47 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: keyholes]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Yo..Dotsie and Keyholes..I will certainly let you know where I am in PA..when and if I get this trip together. wink But I will get it together due to the developements in my daughter´s family as I mentioned in a prayer thread. Because of the fact that the ticket is much cheaper if I stay in the US for about 3 weeks! it will probably be a Godsend for all of us..if I can get away for some short time and meet up with you ;..and just the thought of seeing you guys "LIVE" is very exciting. Thank you! I will be in touch! cool

#160523 - 09/22/08 12:54 AM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I think I feel the best I possibly can when I can make someone else feel really good...It makes my whole self smile.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#163835 - 10/27/08 01:03 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: humlan]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
A Feel Good Day...
1) Talking to my son
2) A warm soft breeze and sunshine
3) Letters from grandchildren
4) See hubby smile
5) Smiles and howdies from strangers
6) Helping people in the nursing home
7) Hearing someone laugh
8) Chatting with boomers
9) Productive, creative writing
10) Good news and family dinners

#163836 - 10/27/08 01:05 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Chatty,
This is an excellent thread! And love your idea of making yourself feel better when you make someone else feel better! It doesn't get any better than that!!!

#163850 - 10/27/08 04:03 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I totally agree with you.

Something very cool happened to me last week. I thought I was helping my friend by taking her and her family dinner after her surgery, but while I was delivering it, her sister from out of out of town walked through her garage door and into her kitchen.

At first I felt like an intruder because it was a SURPRISE! Then I chose to feel blessed to have witnessed it. There was pure delight between them. It was beautiful. I figured I must have been meant to share in it.

There I thought I was doing something for someone else, and I was blessed. It was very cool.

#163851 - 10/27/08 04:04 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
jabber, we have similar lists. Looks like relationships are important to you too.

#163934 - 10/28/08 03:32 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Dotsie,
Right you are! God first. People next. I was just reading about
the Grey Nuns of the Sacred Heart. The lady that started this
order was motivated by a consciousness of God as Eternal Father and the mission: To be signs of God's constant and unconditional love for every person. Cool, don't ya think?

#165689 - 11/15/08 08:45 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: jabber]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
My feel good day...I just realized that I am not feeling hermit like at this time of the year. Usually I want to hibernate til spring. Hmmm I wonder what happened?

I want to share something...I have been smelling my Mother's perfume for a week now. Anyone have a take on why that might be.I am enjoying the experience.

#165701 - 11/15/08 11:14 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chick, I love that you're smelling your Mom's perfume. I don't know why these connections happen when they do or why we can't feel them at other times...I would expect them to touch us at special moments, like anniversaries of their birthdays or when we're feeling in need of consolation. I just think that our loved ones enjoy finding ways to let us know that they're still with us and still loving us, and are probably around a lot more than we know. It just seems as if some days we're more able to sense them than other days.

One thing I'm noticing is that the more we believe it's possible, the more it seems to happen, as if the believing opens the portal of our hearts to sense their presence. And once we've seen/smelled/caught those delicious precious gifts of presence, we cannot unsee them, can we!

Still, every smell or glimpse of any of them just makes me yearn for more. They bring comfort, but sometimes it's just a tad bittersweet.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved