The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 56 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#155839 - 08/10/08 03:08 PM Re: New kitty in the family [Re: Anno]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anno,
Shiva is a cool name. I like it!

#155852 - 08/10/08 04:29 PM Re: New kitty in the family [Re: jabber]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
And she is living up to the destruction part of her name. Loves to chew on and paw at the edge of furniture and rugs.

Note to self: Must watch cat.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#155890 - 08/10/08 11:20 PM Re: New kitty in the family [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Last night I crocheted until well after 2:00 a.m. and then finally went to bed. Fell sound to sleep, until I was awaken by my dogs barking like mad at the back door. Looked at the clock, it was 4:28 a.m. I would have been terrified and grabbed my gun except the dogs were using their excited bark, not the guarding one. I'm sure those with dogs know what I mean. Got up, flipped on the light, looked out the widow and there stood two men... One was in uniform and the other was my ex. I opened the door and was greeted by the two with quite a story but to make it short...

My Ex was working the night shift at is office, a bunch went outside for a break and found a feral cat they had been feeding for months, dead. She'd been hit by a car. Then someone said, "listen!" Everyone got quiet and they heard tiny newing sounds. Checking all around the building/bushes and under the cars, they found 7 tiny kittens, eyes still closed under a bush. Mama cat had apparently given birth sometime that day. No one knew what to do with them at that ungodly hour so my ex called 311, non-emergency police and told them what happened. They sent a patrol car and even the cop seemed at odds with what to do. My ex said, "I know." So the cop gave my ex a ride to ME and I am now foster mother to the kittens. Their eyes are barely open. Luckily I have all the stuff I need here, baby bottles, powdered goats milk and my Rosee slept with them last night in her bed. She thinks every little animal I foster is her baby. You should have seen all eight pounds of her last year trying to mother the Great Dane, Polka Dot I was fostering till a home could be found for him. I will take them to the SPCA in the morning to be checked by the Vets there but they look to be in goods shape to me, long haired, tan/black/white mostly, Calico looking. Never a dull moment around this house. [/b]

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#155893 - 08/10/08 11:31 PM Seven new babies! [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Had to post again so i could change the heading of the other one, geesh! Been on the phone today and have already found homes for four of these little guys. Six males, I call Happy, Sleepy, Grumpy, Larry, Curly and Moe. And one female I've named Star.

It always amazes me when I walk out of the room how the decimal level of the noise they make rises to a near ear piercing degree. Ever try crocheting woth seven babies in your lap? LOL!!

#155922 - 08/11/08 05:09 AM Re: Seven new babies! [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Aw, Chatty...I'd love to be there with you to help with your babies...so glad you're finding homes! I just adore kittens ...wish they stayed that way longer!

#155944 - 08/11/08 11:32 AM Re: Seven new babies! [Re: ladyjane]
Anno Offline

Chatty, you are one good woman!

#155981 - 08/11/08 11:14 PM Re: Seven new babies! [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You know Anno, I believe I get more benefit from being able to be a part of any animals life, especially when they've been abused or had a less then comforting start in this life, It is my pleasure, always!

#156225 - 08/13/08 04:00 PM Re: Seven new babies! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
Your seven babies is a sweet story. Glad you found homes for some of them. And no. I never tried crocheting. Say nothing of
seven babies on my lap. I admire gals that can sew. But I'm not
one of them. It makes me happy to hear how good you are to
animals in need.
Prayers and blessings,

#156233 - 08/13/08 06:39 PM Re: Seven new babies! [Re: jabber]
Anno Offline

Shiva is beginning to feel comfortable in her new home. And she now weighs almost 2 pounds - a 6 oz gain from her kennel weight. Anyhoo, here is a slideshow of her playing with a paper bag and a flower box. Click on the image to go to photobucket and view the show. Enjoy, girls.

#156240 - 08/13/08 07:15 PM Re: Seven new babies! [Re: Anno]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Very Cute!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved